USMNT player Sergino Dest to Bayern

Section9

He agreed to a 5 yr. personal contract with Bayern and the final details of the transfer from Ajax are being ironed out. He'll add needed depth to the back line, and could evolve into a featured roll once Boa retires.

With him and Tanguay we've fortified our back line with quality depth and youth to go along with Sule, Phonzie and Benji.

Best wishes and thank you to Thiago as he moves on to Liverpool. Hell be missed but the Kimmich-Goretzka tandem worked well in the last ahlf and Coco and Cuisance give us depth there.

Now we just need to add a quality winger for depth up front.

[quote="Moose" post=398328]Not official just yet.

The great Fabrizio Romano has Bayern talking to him but also Barca are involved here as well. He's a great follow on Twitter if you don't already follow him

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1306577656734003200[/quote]

there are a few "connected" internet gurus and Barca's been linked for a while, but the hot rumor in Germany is that it's just a matter of ironing out the transfer fee. The deal with Thiago was not "official" until yesterday but he had agreed personal terms with LFC a while ago. We'll see with Dest, it's not just a coincidence that the day Bayern announce Thiago's departure the Dest situation heats up. The talk was they were waiting for the Thiago and Alaba situations to work themselves out before closing in on any new signings. There is still time before the transfer window closes.

Last edited:
Ajax initially asked for up to 30 million euros, a sum that Bayern does not want to pay. Bayern had initially only offered 10 million euros. In the meantime, however, the two sides have become closer and the talks are ongoing [@SkySportNewsHD]

[quote="Moose" post=398328]Not official just yet.

The great Fabrizio Romano has Bayern talking to him but also Barca are involved here as well. He's a great follow on Twitter if you don't already follow him

The plot thickens, Dest requested he not be selected for Ajax'x game yesterday. The latest is Barca selling Samedo to Wolves and Suarez probably on his way to Juve open up funds to pursue Dest. Koeman has expressed his interest, Dest's father is Dutch, and Barca are his dream team. However, Bayern have been on him the longest and he likes Bayern as well. Bayern is not about to sell the ranch to get him, that's not their style, but they may have waited a little too long here.

[quote="Section9" post=398500][quote="Moose" post=398328]Not official just yet.

The plot thickens, Dest requested he not be selected for Ajax'x game yesterday. The latest is Barca selling Samedo to Wolves and Suarez probably on his way to Juve open up funds to pursue Dest. Koeman has expressed his interest, Dest's father is Dutch, and Barca are his dream team. However, Bayern have been on him the longest and he likes Bayern as well. Bayern is not about to sell the ranch to get him, that's not their style, but they may have waited a little too long here.[/quote]

Couldn't happen to a nicer team ;)

[quote="Moose" post=398501][quote="Section9" post=398500][quote="Moose" post=398328]Not official just yet.

The plot thickens, Dest requested he not be selected for Ajax'x game yesterday. The latest is Barca selling Samedo to Wolves and Suarez probably on his way to Juve open up funds to pursue Dest. Koeman has expressed his interest, Dest's father is Dutch, and Barca are his dream team. However, Bayern have been on him the longest and he likes Bayern as well. Bayern is not about to sell the ranch to get him, that's not their style, but they may have waited a little too long here.[/quote]

Couldn't happen to a nicer team ;)[/quote]

Jealousy doesn't become you:)

[quote="Section9" post=398509][quote="Moose" post=398501][quote="Section9" post=398500][quote="Moose" post=398328]Not official just yet.

Jealousy doesn't become you:)[/quote]

Not jealousy. Just plain old dislike ;)

[quote="Moose" post=398514][quote="Section9" post=398509][quote="Moose" post=398501][quote="Section9" post=398500][quote="Moose" post=398328]Not official just yet.

Not jealousy. Just plain old dislike ;)[/quote]

Might that dislike stem from the Gunners success, or the lack there of, against Bayern in the UCL this century?;)

[quote="Section9" post=398531][quote="Moose" post=398514][quote="Section9" post=398509][quote="Moose" post=398501][quote="Section9" post=398500][quote="Moose" post=398328]Not official just yet.

Might that dislike stem from the Gunners success, or the lack there of, against Bayern in the UCL this century?;)[/quote]

No sorry I thought you might have known from previous posts. I just don’t like how Bayern continually poach young talent from all the other German teams. Ohio and me have had some banter on here about that. I also find the 50 plus 1 rule to be ridiculously outdated and in need of tweaking. Love watching Bundesliga but find Bayern dominance stale. And yes other clubs are just as bad for selling them their top young players too.

When you’ve immersed yourself in a sport like I have but only followed the sport and Arsenal for 8 years or so the lack of CL success isn’t that big a deal to me.

Last edited:
Munich can't help it that a lot of young players want to go there. PS - they've been poaching a lot of French players lately as well. Mia San Mia.

[quote="OhioFan" post=398543]Munich can't help it that a lot of young players want to go there. PS - they've been poaching a lot of French players lately as well. Mia San Mia.[/quote]

Ligue 1 is a farmer’s league remember

[quote="Moose" post=398539][quote="Section9" post=398531][quote="Moose" post=398514][quote="Section9" post=398509][quote="Moose" post=398501][quote="Section9" post=398500][quote="Moose" post=398328]Not official just yet.

Might that dislike stem from the Gunners success, or the lack there of, against Bayern in the UCL this century?;)[/quote]

No sorry I thought you might have known from previous posts. I just don’t like how Bayern continually poach young talent from all the other German teams. Ohio and me have had some banter on here about that. I also find the 50 plus 1 rule to be ridiculously outdated and in need of tweaking. Love watching Bundesliga but find Bayern dominance stale. And yes other clubs are just as bad for selling them their top young players too.

When you’ve immersed yourself in a sport like I have but only followed the sport and Arsenal for 8 years or so the lack of CL success isn’t that big a deal to me.[/quote]

I get the poaching thing, but Bayern have always been a destination for young German players; within limits. They're not going to break the bank to sign guys. Just like Kai and Timo recently.

Bayern are not backed by Gulf potentates or oligarchs who have nothing better to do then splash hundreds of millions on top players. The most they've spent is $72 M on Hernadez, and he's either injured or can't crack the starting line-up..

Take a look at some of the teams in the EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1 and Serie A who think nothing of spending mega millions on players and then get away with avoiding sanctions for exceeding salary cap levels, hello City. Reminds me of the big power schools avoiding serious NCAA sanctions because they're blue bloods and the rules don't apply to them.

Love 'em or hate 'em, give Bayern credit for sticking to their financial guns.

Last edited:
He's a loser if he goes to Barca. They are down and about to go down even more. Thanks Moose you darn Bavarians hater. Mia San Mia.

Section 9-

This is what bothers me about Bayern. Marcotti is a great journalist as well but the opening paragraph here makes me want to break something. Ok they need some depth and backups at RB, CM and Wing.

Unrelated I laughed to hear Gotze linked with Bayern again. He should have never left Dortmund in the first place and now he wants to go back to the team that started his downward spiral?!?!?

[URL]https://www.espn.com/soccer/ge...abut-is-their-squad-too-thin-to-defend-treble[/URL]

[quote="Moose" post=398786]Section 9-

This is what bothers me about Bayern. Marcotti is a great journalist as well but the opening paragraph here makes me want to break something. Ok they need some depth and backups at RB, CM and Wing.

Unrelated I laughed to hear Gotze linked with Bayern again. He should have never left Dortmund in the first place and now he wants to go back to the team that started his downward spiral?!?!?

[URL]https://www.espn.com/soccer/ge...abut-is-their-squad-too-thin-to-defend-treble[/URL][/quote]

Yeah, and Lewa and Hummels should have never left Dortmund either.:huh: I wonder why they ever went to Bayern at all. I can't wait for your reaction when they poach Haaland in a couple of years.;)

Last edited:
[quote="Section9" post=398796][quote="Moose" post=398786]Section 9-

[URL]https://www.espn.com/soccer/ge...abut-is-their-squad-too-thin-to-defend-treble[/URL][/quote]

Yeah, and Lewa and Hummels should have never left Dortmund either.:huh: I wonder why they ever went to Bayern at all. I can't wait for your reaction when they poach Haaland in a couple of years.;)[/quote]

No problem if a player also wants to go to Bayern. It's a 2 way street not just the club, its not like US sports when you're traded and have no choice. Lewa and Hummels made career choices and it worked out great. Hummels then ran home to his former club when Bayern deemed him too old. Gotze is returning to the club that derailed his once promising career. He won't play and he's pretty much saying he doesn't care IMO.

Haaland will go to PL I think. Maybe La Liga and one of the big two but I'd think City leads there.

[quote="Moose" post=398802][quote="Section9" post=398796][quote="Moose" post=398786]Section 9-

Yeah, and Lewa and Hummels should have never left Dortmund either.:huh: I wonder why they ever went to Bayern at all. I can't wait for your reaction when they poach Haaland in a couple of years.;)[/quote]

No problem if a player also wants to go to Bayern. It's a 2 way street not just the club, its not like US sports when you're traded and have no choice. Lewa and Hummels made career choices and it worked out great. Hummels then ran home to his former club when Bayern deemed him too old. Gotze is returning to the club that derailed his once promising career. He won't play and he's pretty much saying he doesn't care IMO.

Haaland will go to PL I think. Maybe La Liga and one of the big two but I'd think City leads there.[/quote]

Where are you seeing Mario definetly to Bayern? What I've seen suggests he and Flick have maintained a relationship from years past and keep in contact periodically.

As far as Mats was concerned he was slowing down and in the high press style Flick employs couldn't cover when opponents countered.

When Goetze came to Bayern he knew he would have to compete for PT, that was his choice, truth be told, I never saw the real skill level with him and upon his return o BVB his playing time continued to shrink. But blaming Bayern for ruining his career is a bit of a stretch.

I think Haaland stays at Dortmund for probably three more years and then the rich boys start throwing money around. Kind of like the Kai scenario, Bayern wanted him but wouldn't pay the money the oligarch was willing to spend. Haaland, if he stays healthy, could command close to the money Neymar got from PSG.

[quote="Section9" post=398813][quote="Moose" post=398802][quote="Section9" post=398796][quote="Moose" post=398786]Section 9-

Haaland will go to PL I think. Maybe La Liga and one of the big two but I'd think City leads there.[/quote]

Where are you seeing Mario definetly to Bayern? What I've seen suggests he and Flick have maintained a relationship from years past and keep in contact periodically.

As far as Mats was concerned he was slowing down and in the high press style Flick employs couldn't cover when opponents countered.

When Goetze came to Bayern he knew he would have to compete for PT, that was his choice, truth be told, I never saw the real skill level with him and upon his return o BVB his playing time continued to shrink. But blaming Bayern for ruining his career is a bit of a stretch.

I think Haaland stays at Dortmund for probably three more years and then the rich boys start throwing money around. Kind of like the Kai scenario, Bayern wanted him but wouldn't pay the money the oligarch was willing to spend. Haaland, if he stays healthy, could command close to the money Neymar got from PSG.[/quote]

Gotze isn't done yet and as you know if Football transfer it changes like the wind. But Gotze is out of contract and seasons are under way. So he needs to shit or get off the pot. I'm not blaming Bayern for ruining his career. I'm just saying why would he go back to the place that where his career went downhill. It's not like he has a point to prove. He's been an afterthought since his WC goal. Go to a place where he will play and that sure as hell isn't Bayern where like the article says all they need is some depth pieces at this stage.

Remember Haaland has some City blood. Granted it was pre-oil City blood. I hope he stays at Dortmund. Fun bunch of young players there. Just like I hope they dont sell Sancho to United.

Back