UEFA Championships

I was being kinda sarcastic about the academy thing for the very reason that they develop all these class players and sell them. Hell, the same with their managers too. They’ve had some real talent come through their room.

Your last sentence cracks me up because I’ve often referred to Dortmund as the Tottenham of Germany. I, personally, lean towards Munich because my mother is from the outskirts of there but it would have made perfect sense for me to support both BD and TH.
Ah, I see a glimmer of hope, no problem with the Spurs, but you should come over from the dark side: Bayern awaits you! :cool: ;)

Ah, I see a glimmer of hope, no problem with the Spurs, but you should come over from the dark side: Bayern awaits you! :cool: ;)
The side I support in Germany is Bayern. I have a Ballack, a Podolski (I know, he sucked there) and a Lahm shirt but for some dumb reason when they played Champions League a few years back I, of course, supported Spurs over Munich. I think I just have that loser’s mentality in my bones because Spurs fall in line with every NY team I support. Great pasts, nothing doing in the last 30/40 years.

I became Spurs because of Robbie Keane, I support Bayern because of my mother yet I support TH over BM. Make it make sense!

Bumping this up since games resume today.
On CBS, channel 2 in NY at 3PM. Second round of round of 16 Chelsea vs. Bo. Dortmond with BD holding 1-0 edge on aggregate. Game at Chelsea.
Tomorrow at 3PM either PSG at BM (BM up 1-0 in agg.) or AC Milan at Spurs (AC up 1-0). either game is an alternative to SJU/Butler.

On CBS, channel 2 in NY at 3PM. Second round of round of 16 Chelsea vs. Bo. Dortmond with BD holding 1-0 edge on aggregate. Game at Chelsea.
Tomorrow at 3PM either PSG at BM (BM up 1-0 in agg.) or AC Milan at Spurs (AC up 1-0). either game is an alternative to SJU/Butler.
Knowing Spurs like I do, somehow we’ll pull this out because this team is the ultimate Godfather. Well wait until next round to get knocked out.

Once again, the pair of English announcers were falling all over themselves praising Messi and Mbappe. I get it, they're great players, but yesterday, especially in the second half they were ineffective. The color guy was especially awful, praising Messi when he made an occasional good play but ignoring the many times he gave up the ball when challenged and offered no resistance in mid field when Bayern had the ball. Then as the outcome became obvious they started making excuses for PSG, injuries, young players, yada, yada, yada. Get over yourselves and admit Bayern dominated the second half and fully deserved the win.

D60A6106-3922-4CDD-8830-81B1EB59152F.jpeg
I thought a few of you would get a kick out of this. You know Spurs are my first team but the German side supports Munich and I was out in CA because of a death in the family and I got “adopted” by the Anaheim supporters club (due to my Uncle and his family). Really sucked to lose to Leverkusen but they made me feel like part of their family.

City Real game this afternoon was well played and quite exciting despite the 1-1 finish. Some of the best players in the world on both teams. Glad to see DeBruyne score. Now on to Eithad next Wednesday.

City Real game this afternoon was well played and quite exciting despite the 1-1 finish. Some of the best players in the world on both teams. Glad to see DeBruyne score. Now on to Eithad next Wednesday.
Wonder how many Real players got black and blue marks from banging their arms every time they thought there was a handball? :rolleyes: Replays showed the ref got it right every time, but that never stopped those entitled crybabies from running around trying to intimidate the ref. Hope City puts them to the sword next Wednesday.

City Real game on CBS starting in a few minutes. Etihad is rocking. Got to get Erling some shots today.

To misquote Cosell: down goes Real, down goes Real. :D :D :D Now we can look forward to Inter parking the bus as soon as they deplane in Istanbul.:cool:

hoping City can take Chelea this Sunday to win the League and start getting ready for ManU on 6/3 for FA Cup and the Inter on 6/10 for Champions League title. It would be great to see a Triple this year.

Man, that was a beatdown of epic proportions. Could have easily been 6 or 7 goals in that leg but Courtois made some great saves. City looks unstoppable lately. Hate to say it too, but I think it’s safe to remove the word bust from Grealish. He looks like a 100 million pound player to me.

City gets the treble in a tough played match; held off Inter for last 20+ minutes for the victory.

Talk about Pep will now have to include him being the/one of the greatest coaches of this era. Can certainly be deemed the best with his second treble and his 600th victory with a major club and 300th with City yesterday.

Now that this over, when does the Man City suspension start that bans them from Champions League for a few seasons?

City gets the treble in a tough played match; held off Inter for last 20+ minutes for the victory.

Talk about Pep will now have to include him being the/one of the greatest coaches of this era. Can certainly be deemed the best with his second treble and his 600th victory with a major club and 300th with City yesterday.
How many tries did it take him? He's had his successes at top teams who b(r)ought top talent. He's not even "the" best in PL recent history, Ferguson at United for example.

Back