UCL Semis

Section9

PSG rolled over RBL. They could have scored 3 more. Leipzig has nothing along their front line, Poulson, Nkuku and Olmos didn't do anything to threaten PSG. Wonder if it would have made any difference if Werner was still there. Meanwhile, PSG looked lethal on the counter attack.

Bayern needs to take care of business tomorrow.

I was more worried about RBL than any in the final CL eight. They played us the best of anyone in BL this year.

FYI, Weiner would have made no difference versus PSG, he is a stiff, the Podolski of a new generation.

Lyon will keep it closer than Barca but BM will surely prevail? I see Gnabry and I shake my head...

[quote="OhioFan" post=396367]I was more worried about RBL than any in the final CL eight. They played us the best of anyone in BL this year.

FYI, Weiner would have made no difference versus PSG, he is a stiff, the Podolski of a new generation.[/quote]

So I guess Chelsea are going to really suck next season with Werner and Haevertz? Werner scored 28 goals in 34 games at a rate of one every 100 minutes. Lewa by comparison scored one every 81 minutes. Far from stiff territory. And I guess all the talk about Hansi wanting Bayern to sign Timo instead of Sane was all just a bunch of internet mindless chatter.

Last edited:
Yeah Podolski was useless too. Serge Gnabry though... the one that got away.

Sorry BM fans but it's allez les Rouge et Bleu (PSG) in the Final. Neymar is a brat but it's time to break the hegemony.

Bayern go on to face PSG. Lyon was the better side for the first 15 minutes of each half. In the first they had two very good chances, DePay in particular, but couldn't put it on net. The first Gnabry goal was a thing of beauty as he dribbled through Lyon's defense before putting it in. Has to be one of the best goals of the UCL. season, especially considering it was in the semis.

Neuer made a couple of outstanding blocks early in the second to hold them at bay and Lewa got his at the very end.

Nice to see my favorite, Sule, get in for the second half, I thought he played well.\.

Think it's going to take more than 3 to win on Sunday.

[quote="TX Redman" post=396463]Yeah Podolski was useless too. Serge Gnabry though... the one that got away.

Sorry BM fans but it's allez les Rouge et Bleu (PSG) in the Final. Neymar is a brat but it's time to break the hegemony.[/quote]

Are you an Arsenal fan? If so Sorry about those last few UCL games. ;)

As far as Sunday is concerned, Well see.:) :)

Last edited:
[quote="TX Redman" post=396463]Yeah Podolski was useless too. Serge Gnabry though... the one that got away.

Sorry BM fans but it's allez les Rouge et Bleu (PSG) in the Final. Neymar is a brat but it's time to break the hegemony.[/quote]

Ugh disagree. Loved Podo.

[quote="Moose" post=396484][quote="TX Redman" post=396463]Yeah Podolski was useless too. Serge Gnabry though... the one that got away.

Sorry BM fans but it's allez les Rouge et Bleu (PSG) in the Final. Neymar is a brat but it's time to break the hegemony.[/quote]Ugh disagree. Loved Podo.[/quote]

Think he was being sarcastic about Podo because of what Ohio Fan said about him.

[quote="Section9" post=396486][quote="Moose" post=396484][quote="TX Redman" post=396463]Yeah Podolski was useless too. Serge Gnabry though... the one that got away.

Sorry BM fans but it's allez les Rouge et Bleu (PSG) in the Final. Neymar is a brat but it's time to break the hegemony.[/quote]Ugh disagree. Loved Podo.[/quote]

Think he was being sarcastic about Podo because of what Ohio Fan said about him.[/quote]

Maybe you're right. I think TX is Gooner like me. Some didn't like Podo but also my inexactly science seem to show they are the same ones who think Mesut Ozil can do no wrong. :side:

Gooner for sure. Favorite player, Liam Brady. Cried when he joined Juventus. Liked Lukas P. Liked Mesut for 2 seasons. Very impressed by Arteta. Excited about Martinelli, Saka, Tierney. Hope Auba re-signs. Kroenke needs to hire better people to manage his "investment". To think we sold Gnabry for 5 M. And where's Arsene's tell-all autobiography? :)

[quote="TX Redman" post=396508]Gooner for sure. Favorite player, Liam Brady. Cried when he joined Juventus. Liked Lukas P. Liked Mesut for 2 seasons. Very impressed by Arteta. Excited about Martinelli, Saka, Tierney. Hope Auba re-signs. Kroenke needs to hire better people to manage his "investment". To think we sold Gnabry for 5 M. And where's Arsene's tell-all autobiography? :)[/quote]

Arsene's book is October I think. Can't wait for that.
I thought I recalled you being a fellow Gooner. A lot of chat on here few years ago. Not much to talk about lately I guess haha

[quote="Section9" post=396523]And another thread gets hijacked, this time by a couple of Arsenal fans.:) :)[/quote]

You have about 9 other Bayern threads all talking about their dominance ;)

[quote="Moose" post=396537][quote="Section9" post=396523]And another thread gets hijacked, this time by a couple of Arsenal fans.:) :)[/quote]

You have about 9 other Bayern threads all talking about their dominance ;)[/quote]

Mia san mia.:)

[quote="Section9" post=396523]And another thread gets hijacked, this time by a couple of Arsenal fans.:) :)[/quote]

Hijacking threads is all we have these days... but I think we have turned the corner. As for the Final, heart wants PSG but head says Bayern win 3-2. I like Mbappe but do not care for Neymar's flopping. All the talk will be Di Maria-Neymar-Mbappe vs. Lewa-Muller-Perisic-Gnabry. That is some crazy attacking prowess on display.

It could /should be a classic.

[quote="TX Redman" post=396560][quote="Section9" post=396523]And another thread gets hijacked, this time by a couple of Arsenal fans.:) :)[/quote]

Hijacking threads is all we have these days... but I think we have turned the corner. As for the Final, heart wants PSG but head says Bayern win 3-2. I like Mbappe but do not care for Neymar's flopping. All the talk will be Di Maria-Neymar-Mbappe vs. Lewa-Muller-Perisic-Gnabry. That is some crazy attacking prowess on display.

It could /should be a classic.[/quote]

I hope its a draw and they run out of balls because in PK's they are all kicked in the stands and there is nobody to retrieve them :whistle:

[quote="Moose" post=396488][quote="Section9" post=396486][quote="Moose" post=396484][quote="TX Redman" post=396463]Yeah Podolski was useless too. Serge Gnabry though... the one that got away.

Think he was being sarcastic about Podo because of what Ohio Fan said about him.[/quote]

Maybe you're right. I think TX is Gooner like me. Some didn't like Podo but also my inexactly science seem to show they are the same ones who think Mesut Ozil can do no wrong. :side:[/quote]

Sorry I am late, work caught up to me. Ozil is a stiff too, same as Podolski. I have a lot of German and other European friends I regularly converse with about soccer and we all agree on those two.

[quote="Moose" post=396537][quote="Section9" post=396523]And another thread gets hijacked, this time by a couple of Arsenal fans.:) :)[/quote]

You have about 9 other Bayern threads all talking about their dominance ;)[/quote]

Yeah, the truth hurts doesn't it? Has Arsenal ever progressed over Die Roten in CL?

Last edited:
Best thing to happen this year was not Anlgisch or Spanisch teams in final four. What a relief.

PS - If Bayern defeat PSG in the final, they will pass RM to be the #1 team in UEFA.

Back