Transformational Leadership / A MUST Book

Although this book, written by Jim Pellow, is 6 yrs. old it is still avery good read for all those who care about the university.

IMO, worth the time, energy and effort to read.

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/transformational-leadership/17558716#eBookFormatsSection

Thanks for this info. It is a FREE download, and I'm skimming it. somewhere between it's writing and when I was in school the university bent its mission a little. The university was founded as a Catholic university, to educate the sons and later daughters of poor Catholic immigrants, at a tuition far below other private schools. The mission was to provide a Catholic college education to catholic kids from working class families who were born without silver poons, trust funds, etc. Somewhere during Pellows point of reference, the Catholic mission was abandoned, and we now project that we provide a mission to educate those who couldn't otherwise afford it. Words like Christianity, faith, God are spoken in muted tones. Words like Catholicism, Jesus, salvation are never spoken. With a Catholic student population of 50% and on the steady decline, will St. John's soon have as little religious significance as a name as say, San Francisco, San Antonio, or the City of Angels?

I know I'm off track, and I'll continue to read this Pellows thesis.

Back