Tobin Students Present Investment Recommendations

I'm liquidating my portfolio and giving it to these kids.

"The student Blockchain fund, launched in May 2022 with a $100,000 investment, is now worth about $177,000."

To think when I enrolled at the College of Business Administration in 1970 I wanted to major in Finance only to find out that they did not have a Finance major! How can you have a school of Business and not offer a degree in Finance? I was forced to choose Management as my major which I regretted my entire life! You can’t make this stuff up!

To think when I enrolled at the College of Business Administration in 1970 I wanted to major in Finance only to find out that they did not have a Finance major! How can you have a school of Business and not offer a degree in Finance? I was forced to choose Management as my major which I regretted my entire life! You can’t make this stuff up!
Am I missing something, but how did you not check prior to enrolling if Finance was offered?

I'm liquidating my portfolio and giving it to these kids.

"The student Blockchain fund, launched in May 2022 with a $100,000 investment, is now worth about $177,000."
I only know that blockchain funds invest in companies that use crypto transactions. In the timeframe May 22 to present, the S&P was basically net zero% gain. Anyone here know how other blockchains funds performed in that period? I have avoided all crypto investments.

I believe the other funds were established with million dollar gifts from a major donor. I'd be curious to see how they performed vs. The major indices but it appears the sju funds done quite well in the 20 year period.

It's really great that our students have trained with real dollars and not hypothetical investments. Fantastic endowment by a very generous donor.

I only know that blockchain funds invest in companies that use crypto transactions. In the timeframe May 22 to present, the S&P was basically net zero% gain. Anyone here know how other blockchains funds performed in that period? I have avoided all crypto investments.

I believe the other funds were established with million dollar gifts from a major donor. I'd be curious to see how they performed vs. The major indices but it appears the sju funds done quite well in the 20 year period.

It's really great that our students have trained with real dollars and not hypothetical investments. Fantastic endowment by a very generous donor.

S&P saw a 15% gain since May 2022.

And while the kids had a whopping 77% gain in that time period, they probably saw wide fluctuations - Grand Canyon wide - in price and not steady growth. Which is why I don't touch crypto.

God knows where that $177K is right now

S&P saw a 15% gain since May 2022.

And while the kids had a whopping 77% gain in that time period, they probably saw wide fluctuations - Grand Canyon wide - in price and not steady growth. Which is why I don't touch crypto.

God knows where that $177K is right now
The first few weeks of this year have been particularly brutal for crypto equities. In the midst of a 20%+ drawdown YTD.

Back