The Sport of Scholarships

Very rare to get a full ride (or even half ride) for lacrosse. The ivies are one of the top conferences for lax and can't give athletic scholarships. I know plenty if kids who got into schools for lacrosse. The only ones who got schollies were the equivalent of top 50 players

OT but related to the article, I was really hoping Gurenlian's younger brother would head to SJU. The younger Gurenlian is a monster of a faceoff guy as well and next year, we will have I believe 5 players from Springfield-Delco high school on SJU roster. We have quite a pipeline there. Unfortunately, the younger Gurenlian won't play lacrosse in collegeive been told.

Very rare to get a full ride (or even half ride) for lacrosse. The ivies are one of the top conferences for lax and can't give athletic scholarships. I know plenty if kids who got into schools for lacrosse. The only ones who got schollies were the equivalent of top 50 players

was out with a good friend of mine today whose son is all american and going to go to gtown next year for lacrosse. I think he's getting like 1/4 ride

was out with a good friend of mine today whose son is all american and going to go to gtown next year for lacrosse. I think he's getting like 1/4 ride

With only 12.7 ships to give out for entire team, obviously it breaks down to about 50 1/4 scholarships which is what most schools do. Occasionally, coaches will pocket a full ship or larger ship or two for top notch players.

Back