The Rock vs. The Garden

BrookJersey Redmen

2023 $upporter
Took in last night's game with my daughter who goes to Seton Hall Law. I expected a closer game and came away disappointed. But this is about the venue.

I have been to all of our games at the garden for 35+ years, and this was my first to the Rock for a SH game.

First, the SH banners are displayed in the rafters, unlike the Garden, it is disappointing we can't get that done.

Second, the curtains they put up to cover all of the empty seats up top is a good idea, it really seems like those seats are not even there, you almost don't recognize the curtains.

Third, the venue to me at least is so lacking compared to the Garden in atmosphere. It is hard to pinpoint. the building is very nice, the concessions, the concourses, the bathrooms, the bars and restaurants all very nice, but I don't know what it is about the place it just lacks atmosphere.

When the Devils fill, or almost fill the place it has a lot more atmosphere, there is energy and a buzz, but for last night's game I found ZERO, even with the home team carrying out a demolition of a local opponent, NOTHING in the air there at all.

I have sat through some very empty Garden games over the years and there is a real lack of energy when we've had less than 5,000 people there, but still not as much as in The Rock.

I think the acoustics at the Garden are better, and the fact that you don't have monster long symmetrical aisles top to bottom, adds something to the Garden that these other arenas lack, the old Meadowlands (Izod Center) is the same way with those long aisles and long rows.

I'LL TAKE THE GARDEN ANY TIME OVER THE ROCK.

Took in last night's game with my daughter who goes to Seton Hall Law. I expected a closer game and came away disappointed. But this is about the venue.

I have been to all of our games at the garden for 35+ years, and this was my first to the Rock for a SH game.

First, the SH banners are displayed in the rafters, unlike the Garden, it is disappointing we can't get that done.

Second, the curtains they put up to cover all of the empty seats up top is a good idea, it really seems like those seats are not even there, you almost don't recognize the curtains.

Third, the venue to me at least is so lacking compared to the Garden in atmosphere. It is hard to pinpoint. the building is very nice, the concessions, the concourses, the bathrooms, the bars and restaurants all very nice, but I don't know what it is about the place it just lacks atmosphere.

When the Devils fill, or almost fill the place it has a lot more atmosphere, there is energy and a buzz, but for last night's game I found ZERO, even with the home team carrying out a demolition of a local opponent, NOTHING in the air there at all.

I have sat through some very empty Garden games over the years and there is a real lack of energy when we've had less than 5,000 people there, but still not as much as in The Rock.

I think the acoustics at the Garden are better, and the fact that you don't have monster long symmetrical aisles top to bottom, adds something to the Garden that these other arenas lack, the old Meadowlands (Izod Center) is the same way with those long aisles and long rows.

I'LL TAKE THE GARDEN ANY TIME OVER THE ROCK.

Comparing The Rock to the Garden, is like comparing a rock to a garden.

One is just a bland piece of stone with nothing a multitude of slab and rough edges, while the other is a vibrant place where performers from every corner strive to come and display their craft.

Place is a beautiful arena. But its depressing to be in there. The Devils can't draw jack. Nets tickets sell for 5 cents (I'm not joking, check today's game) and the Hall games are just embarrassing with the top curtained off.

Hall is fun team to watch and yea I know they lost 6 in a row but they are still in a good tournament positon and that place looked empty on TV last night. I know last year wasn't a great crowd for STJ game either. Looked worse than our games.

Place is a beautiful arena. But its depressing to be in there. The Devils can't draw jack. Nets tickets sell for 5 cents (I'm not joking, check today's game) and the Hall games are just embarrassing with the top curtained off.

Hall is fun team to watch and yea I know they lost 6 in a row but they are still in a good tournament positon and that place looked empty on TV last night. I know last year wasn't a great crowd for STJ game either. Looked worse than our games.

Moose,

Do you have the lowest Karma on the site? Their should be a Karma rank for anyone that has recieved votes.

Moose,

Do you have the lowest Karma on the site? Their should be a Karma rank for anyone that has recieved votes.

No I don't. I think Lawman or Fun does.

SJUFan2 was very bored one week and spent all his free time clicking negative for me. Thankfully now he has found something to do with his free time. :fight:

Moose,

SJUFan2 was very bored one week and spent all his free time clicking negative for me. Thankfully now he has found something to do with his free time. :fight:

Is that what the "karma" indicator signals?? So basically it's a popularity contest?

Moose,

Is that what the "karma" indicator signals?? So basically it's a popularity contest?

Yep

Back