STJ PGA Tour Golf bags

Keegan Bradley and Andrew Svoboda side - by side at 2013 PGA
Tour Sony Open in Hawaii. Two players from STJ on big tour. Pretty good
accomplishment for a northeast golf program !!!

Both players have STJ logo prominently displayed on front of their golf
bags. They are proud of playing at STJ and putting the program on the
map. Keegan not playing this week while Svoboda is teeing it up at Humana
Challenge in Palm Springs.

now if only we had anyone with a brain in the marketing department, we would start making and selling golf bags with the st johns logo.

now if only we had anyone with a brain in the marketing department, we would start making and selling golf bags with the st johns logo.

Just like the baseball jersey thread.

Mr Supply meet Mr Demand. There is not enough demand for these products.

Last game I went to bookstore for first time in awhile though. Was pleasantly surprised with all the stuff they had. Much better than years past.

Last game I went to bookstore for first time in awhile though. Was pleasantly surprised with all the stuff they had. Much better than years past.

The university's lively hood is tuition, TV money, and alumni donations.

They are not in the retail business, the jerseys, the bags, all that stuff are means to an end, what do i mean? These are ways to create and maintain the alumni with the emotional connection that will donate in the future.

Also serves as a double edge sword in a Marketing aspect, if they have the logo in all sorts of memorabilia traveling all over the world. Its not just about the jersey that you will wear just to the game. Its about that golf back that you will play with in Florida, and take to the tropics, its about that back pack that your kid will take on that European trip, its about the sticker on the car in the cross country trip, you see where I'm going here? The university has great Advertising and Marketing professors, the problem is they don't use them!!

So, If they order 15 items (golf bags, jerseys, etc...) and the turnover rate is 9-10 months, so be it, its not going to kill them, its not like the bookstore pays rent on campus, and most of this stuff can be sold online(they need a better website) plus even the bookstore's main source of income is selling books (which are the biggest mark up rip off but that's another topic)

Just like the gas station makes its living on the gas sold and the mechanic shop, not on the candy and drinks in their little store, the university does not make its money on retail.

Just like the gas station makes its living on the gas sold and the mechanic shop, not on the candy and drinks in their little store, the university does not make its money on retail.

Actually you are very wrong. Most gas stations make most of their money on little candy/snacks/drinks/food NOT the gas.
They are getting pennies for gas. Mark up on the above mentioned items is where the money comes.
This is a fact.

Actually you are very wrong. Most gas stations make most of their money on little candy/snacks/drinks/food NOT the gas.
They are getting pennies for gas. Mark up on the above mentioned items is where the money comes.
This is a fact.

i guess that wasn't the best example then, haha!

The university's lively hood is tuition, TV money, and alumni donations.

They are not in the retail business, the jerseys, the bags, all that stuff are means to an end, what do i mean? These are ways to create and maintain the alumni with the emotional connection that will donate in the future.

Also serves as a double edge sword in a Marketing aspect, if they have the logo in all sorts of memorabilia traveling all over the world. Its not just about the jersey that you will wear just to the game. Its about that golf back that you will play with in Florida, and take to the tropics, its about that back pack that your kid will take on that European trip, its about the sticker on the car in the cross country trip, you see where I'm going here? The university has great Advertising and Marketing professors, the problem is they don't use them!!

So, If they order 15 items (golf bags, jerseys, etc...) and the turnover rate is 9-10 months, so be it, its not going to kill them, its not like the bookstore pays rent on campus, and most of this stuff can be sold online(they need a better website) plus even the bookstore's main source of income is selling books (which are the biggest mark up rip off but that's another topic)

Most manufacturers won't allow you to order 15 of something. There are minimum order quantities for items. Its not easy as many feel it is. Should it be better? Yes. But if it was simple it would have been done. Trust me.

Back