St. Johns Problem Web Site

The website is amateur and absurd. Really poorly put together and lacking any sort of wit. Dare I say that this website didn't come from one of the smarter disgruntled SJU students. They should hire Dr. Fun to really get their message across. It really lacks any intellectual gusto. Colleges traditionally were a place of free-thinking in addition to higher learning, that fostered a range of nonconformity. This website just falls short. Every university has problems. The least these kids you'll do would be to display some sort creative edge to their rant.

Noticed a story about this on torchonline.com

Not a particularly flattering look at the university. 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Johns-Problems/345573385461117?sk=info

What does it have to do with SJ? What am I missing?

Article from The TORCH dated Feb. 6:

http://www.torchonline.com/news/2012/02/06/stj-meme-page-skyrockets-in-popularity/  

Thanks JSJ. So it is a student humor gripe site. I see where some future redmen haters will come from and eventually inhabit places like JJ and redmen.com.

lol, every school has one of these. It's nothing to get upset over or even talk about. The stuff on there now is awful and it was much better last week when it first started.

Dissent is a part of student life. At SJU, our students historically leaned towards apathetic - who had time for dissent when you had to be at your part itme job by 3 pm? You could probably add to that list that protest was non-productive. Cahill rules with an iron fist, and it was his way or the highway. He even banned Billy Joel from the radio station after strolling through the lounge and hearing the words "Catholic girls start much too late.." True story. 

the page is open to the public so if you guys want to make a meme that pokes fun of student attendance at the game fine with me. every school has one and it is just a way to vent it in a creative manner.

Hey Beast, when I was with WSJU in the mid 1990's under FH, none of the DJ's were allowed to play that song so that was still in force.

Agree with Cahill on that, and miss the greatest President in the history of SJU.

Hey Beast, when I was with WSJU in the mid 1990's under FH, none of the DJ's were allowed to play that song so that was still in force.

Agree with Cahill on that, and miss the greatest President in the history of SJU.

When I hear some of the profanity in gangsta rap today, "Only the Good Die Young" sounds like liturgical music. :)

Sounds like you were in the President's Society?

Back