St. John's looking to hire a new Provost

St. John's is looking for nominations for a new provost(# 2 person in charge of SJU) behind Fr. Harrington.

I nominate Jersey Shore Johnny and the Beast of the East(may the best man get the job)

http://provostsearch.stjohns.edu/

Thanks,

Let's see 1985, we want a drill master correct?:

Broderick Crawford (Highway Patrol)
what was his name(Car 54 Where Are You/Munsters)
Billy Martin
Wyatt Earp
Colonel Klink
let's go with the Georges (Custer and Patton)
let's see…
a tag team of Fran Fraschilla and Mike Jarvis

all the best 

I nominate Realfan for a massive university overhaul. 2nd Choice is Norm Roberts - he'll be a Home Run!

Would have to be a massive overhaul if Realfan was in charge because the first thing he would do is fire everybody!

One problem that would concern me about this position is how much autnomy and authority anyone in this position would have to affect real change.

An SJU alum currently is a vice president at a Southern school and was invited by FH to come to SJU on a consulting basis, review the areas of SJU that are her expertise and create a report of recommendations. She did so, and almost a year later, not a single recommendation was acted upon. She was surprised when she recevied a call from SJU offering her a position at SJU in the same capacity. Not willing to relocate, she still wondered how SJU could expect her to take a job when they didn't act on a single recommendation she had made. 

Whoever he/ she is let's just hope they have a strong basketball mindset, and are committed to an excellent program.

And, I would add, has been THOROUGHLY vetted. I don't want any more surprises.

Back