St. John's Hall of Fame 2022 Honorees

Nice to see Jerry Houston getting in. He was the point guard on the first Johnnies team I saw play live with the McIntyre brothers, Sonny Dove, Bobby Duerr and Ken Wirell. That win over #1 Michigan with Cazzie Russell is still my most memorable Johnnie game that I have attended. Houston was a super steady player as I remember him.

Nice to see Jerry Houston getting in. He was the point guard on the first Johnnies team I saw play live with the McIntyre brothers, Sonny Dove, Bobby Duerr and Ken Wirell. That win over #1 Michigan with Cazzie Russell is still my most memorable Johnnie game that I have attended. Houston was a super steady player as I remember him.
Was at that game too, amazing. Jerry was a big scorer at LaSalle HS in Manhattan and really adapted to a playmaking role at SJ. He lived later in Rockland County NY and coached at several high schools. His son was an outstanding player for West Point.

One of my all-time favorite Redmen. Had a terrific coinversation iwth him at the Lapchick statue unveiling. He couldn't have been nicer and was very pleased when I walked over to him and "drew" a "5" on his chest with my finger. Great to see he's getting the recognition he so richly deserves.

Jerry Houston has a Coach K. connection and was such a great player for us pre-Big East, when we were the metro NYC team.

Jayson, funnier than all get out; generous to St. John's and someone who overcame a-lot and helps others now, tremendous for him to receive this honor.

Good for Jayson. What a roller-coaster life but as far as his college play he deserves it.

He has been doing amazing work in the communities and has a heavy burden to live with.
totally agree with you

Back