St. Francis

not a real surprise. St. Francis is one of those colleges which is hanging on by a thread and likely won't be around in another 10 years or so.

St Francis sold their "campus" which included the Gym and played "home" games at Pratt Institute this year--sad.

THey have a "new campus" which is in the old A&S department store in downtown Brooklyn. They did a gut renovation of the floors they are leasing. Shame because they are a good value for students. As to Coach Braica, he is a nice guy who I met when he was an AC to Norm and then ran into him in Brooklyn Heights and we chatted.

NYU dropped D1 sports in the early 70s when the school had major financial problems.

This was a school that had already been to the Final Four twice and was producing NBA players like Dolph Schayes, Satch Sanders, Happy Hairston, Barry Kramer.

About a decade later, they resurrected intercollegiate sports but as a DIII program.

NYU dropped D1 sports in the early 70s when the school had major financial problems.

This was a school that had already been to the Final Four twice and was producing NBA players like Dolph Schayes, Satch Sanders, Happy Hairston, Barry Kramer.

About a decade later, they resurrected intercollegiate sports but as a DIII program.
The basketball highlights since include losing in the championship game in the early '90s on some bad calls, the Oklahoma Sooners practicing at Coles before a tournament game, and LJSA getting his ass absolutely handed to him by someone from the women's team.

My boy Gardella did the book for them and now he does it for the Nets (once in a while some MSG games). It is a damn shame what happens to these smaller schools in terms of funding for all programs. Academic and Athletic.

Their track team trains at the Park Slope Armory. I feel terrible for them. Seem like a nice group getting a college degree.

St Francis sold their "campus" which included the Gym and played "home" games at Pratt Institute this year--sad.

THey have a "new campus" which is in the old A&S department store in downtown Brooklyn. They did a gut renovation of the floors they are leasing. Shame because they are a good value for students. As to Coach Braica, he is a nice guy who I met when he was an AC to Norm and then ran into him in Brooklyn Heights and we chatted.

I use to work in downtown Brooklyn. I use to walk around Brooklyn Heights at lunch and after work me and some co workers would hit bars on Clark or Montague Streets. I had no idea St. Francis sold their building in there.

I use to work in downtown Brooklyn. I use to walk around Brooklyn Heights at lunch and after work me and some co workers would hit bars on Clark or Montague Streets. I had no idea St. Francis sold their building in there.
Sad to hear. Once upon a time they were our downtown Brooklyn rivals. They would try to steal the Indian statue and raid our Brooklyn campus( the Quonset Hut)

Dennis McDermott, a guy I sort of knew from our work days, was a big star for them in the early 70s. Even got a tryout for the Knicks. He ended up in their alumni relations department. He must be devastated.

Back