Spurs vs. Arsenal

TX Redman

Guinness 77, Spurs,fellow Arsenal and football fans everywhere:

Sunday March 3rd sees the 174th North London Derby, a century old rivalry. I have been to Highbury, the Emirates and even the enemy territory of White Hart Lane but never witnessed the NLD first hand.

It is a critical game for both teams; Champions League qualification is at stake. Spurs are at home and should be slight favorites. Currently Spurs are 3rd in the table, four points ahead of the Gunners (5th). Wenger has guided the Arsenal into the CL 15 straight years and finishing outside the top 4 will not sit well. By contrast, Spurs have made it to the CL twice.

Spurs will win if the Arse fail to contain Bale who might well give Jenkinson a roasting but maybe Sagna will be back to rein in the Welsh wizard. Bale is having a tremendous season with 15 goals in the EPL. Spurs will win if they put sustained pressure (or even a corner!) on a fragile Arsenal back five, a/k/a the Keystone Kops, whose propensity for the comedy gift goal is unrivaled.

Arsenal will win if they play more direct* and cut out the tippy-tappy tiki-taki and remember they are not Barca. Wilshere and Cazorla have been on form recently. Wish I could say the same for Walcott and Arteta. * Through balls for Walcott to hare on to; decent crosses to Giroud’s head.

In the meeting at the Emirates in Nov, Arsenal prevailed 5-2 after spotting Spurs an early lead. Last year at WHL, Spurs won 2-1.

Since the WHL game Arsenal have lost RvP and Song and Spurs lost RVV and Modric. It would be sad to see Wilshere and Bale move; they are the current hearts of their respective teams. There have been many exciting games over the years – the last 11 meetings in all competitions have produced 53 goals. This is one of the great derby games in the world of football. It splits familes. My brother and niece are ardent Spurs fans. Myself, my son and nephew are Gooners.

I look forward to a good game on Sun.

Tottenham vs Arsenal will be on Fox Soccer Channel @ 9.30CST

Guinness 77, Spurs,fellow Arsenal and football fans everywhere:

Sunday March 3rd sees the 174th North London Derby, a century old rivalry. I have been to Highbury, the Emirates and even the enemy territory of White Hart Lane but never witnessed the NLD first hand.

It is a critical game for both teams; Champions League qualification is at stake. Spurs are at home and should be slight favorites. Currently Spurs are 3rd in the table, four points ahead of the Gunners (5th). Wenger has guided the Arsenal into the CL 15 straight years and finishing outside the top 4 will not sit well. By contrast, Spurs have made it to the CL twice.

Spurs will win if the Arse fail to contain Bale who might well give Jenkinson a roasting but maybe Sagna will be back to rein in the Welsh wizard. Bale is having a tremendous season with 15 goals in the EPL. Spurs will win if they put sustained pressure (or even a corner!) on a fragile Arsenal back five, a/k/a the Keystone Kops, whose propensity for the comedy gift goal is unrivaled.

Arsenal will win if they play more direct* and cut out the tippy-tappy tiki-taki and remember they are not Barca. Wilshere and Cazorla have been on form recently. Wish I could say the same for Walcott and Arteta. * Through balls for Walcott to hare on to; decent crosses to Giroud’s head.

In the meeting at the Emirates in Nov, Arsenal prevailed 5-2 after spotting Spurs an early lead. Last year at WHL, Spurs won 2-1.

Since the WHL game Arsenal have lost RvP and Song and Spurs lost RVV and Modric. It would be sad to see Wilshere and Bale move; they are the current hearts of their respective teams. There have been many exciting games over the years – the last 11 meetings in all competitions have produced 53 goals. This is one of the great derby games in the world of football. It splits familes. My brother and niece are ardent Spurs fans. Myself, my son and nephew are Gooners.

I look forward to a good game on Sun.

Tottenham vs Arsenal will be on Fox Soccer Channel @ 9.30CST

Can't wait. Hoping for STJ/Gunner sweep this weekend.

HAAA!!! Great thread.

We owe you guys one. If not for Adebayor being, well, Adebayor, he doesn't come in studs up last time we met, he doesn't get the stupid red card he so deserved, and we continue taking you guys to the woodshed like we had the first 15 minutes at the Emirates. Very well could have been 2-0 or 3-0 at that point.

What to say? We're at a cross roads at a very critical juncture of the season. 11 matches left...if we win we go 7 points up and a CL spot is almost a certainty.

I'm pumped after today's match at the Spammers, and, as most of the free world knows, we have the hottest player on the planet right now. It's gonna be a big match, and I expect Wegner to have his team ready. AVB got us rolling and Mr. Gareth Bale is our heart. Love the way he went right up to AVB after he scored his 2nd, the winner, today. For all that BS about he's in over his head, and his players don't like him, I think that proved that they're ready to win for him and for that kit. Nice to see Gylfi finally get off the schneid, too.

Carzola is also hot, and Wilshire looks to be playing his best footie in a while. As a German, I hate rooting against Podolski, but with that kit on, I just can't do it. Your keeper is suspect and so is your backline. As long as we don't take anymore stupid fouls, that lead to yellows and reds, we will win. We will win convincingly.

This has been one of my favorite times supporting this team. Instead of giving up the big, late goals, we're the one getting them. Should be interesting...definitely looking forward to it.

balegif.gif

There's only one GARETH BALE...only one GARETH BALE...walkin' ALONG, singin' A SONG, walkin' in a BALE wonderland!

Both of Bale's goals last night were excellent. He is on another plane right now, 8 goals in 6 games. That is Messi-esque. I honestly do not know if Spurs can keep him. The Spanish and Italian big boys (and PSG) will back up the Brinks trucks.

Bale, Walcott and the Ox all came over from Southampton - I think we know who got the best of those transfers.

I would like to say that if we stop Bale we win, but this could be the game where Lennon, Ade or even our man Clint from Nacogdoches, TX cause problems. If there are less than five total goals in this I will be surprised.

http://www.mehstg.com/arsestat.htm

What...nobody bump this thread yet? :p

Very nervewracking finish. Happy to get the win. Had to crack open a stout just to get the nerves of edge afterward. BTW...what's it like having Piers Morgan as one of your supporters? Talk about spoiled and obnoxious. Jesus.

Good game, congrats to Spurs. This might be the year they finish above us. Of course Bale scored - he might have had two. Of course the Arsenal D fell asleep; however, in fairness Spurs could have had at least one more.

It has been a tough sports weekend in my house!

Oh and Piers Morgan - I mute the volume when he comes on.

And one more "one more thing". Just like we got the wrong kids from Southampton (Ox and Theo - who has been cack since the new contract - instead of Bale), we got the wrong Belgian. Vertonghen is a stud. Vermaelen more like a eunuch.

And one more "one more thing". Just like we got the wrong kids from Southampton (Ox and Theo - who has been cack since the new contract - instead of Bale), we got the wrong Belgian. Vertonghen is a stud. Vermaelen more like a eunuch.

I said it on a Spurs board I post on...Vertonghen was my MoM today.

Back