Baseball
Lax
Men's Basketball
Women's Basketball
Fencing
Golf
Soccer

Am I missing anything? Lol

I thought people would be interested to know that Sean Mullin, Chris Mullin's son has transferred to SJU from Bryant College and will be playing lacrosse at SJU this year.

Never thought I'd see the day where only 3 schools separate us & Syracuse in a lacrosse poll. Pretty amazing how far we've come.

K
 Never thought I'd see the day where only 3 schools separate us & Syracuse in a lacrosse poll. Pretty amazing how far we've come.

SJU has certainly gotten a lot better. I'd still like to see some moderate upgrades in facilities to help us compete, like locker rooms, stadium press box/bathrooms. If we continue to be successful, I think we'll eventually see some improvements on that front. We should be pretty good this season again, with a lot returning and many Big East schools losing quite a bit. SJU has a fair recruiting class. One nice transfer named Ben Strauss who was All American, All Long Island at Lynbrook a few years ago should help depth.

Should be competitive again this year. 

K

SJU has certainly gotten a lot better. I'd still like to see some moderate upgrades in facilities to help us compete, like locker rooms, stadium press box/bathrooms. If we continue to be successful, I think we'll eventually see some improvements on that front. We should be pretty good this season again, with a lot returning and many Big East schools losing quite a bit. SJU has a fair recruiting class. One nice transfer named Ben Strauss who was All American, All Long Island at Lynbrook a few years ago should help depth.

It's ridiculous they don't play at Belson.

I thought people would be interested to know that Sean Mullin, Chris Mullin's son has transferred to SJU from Bryant College and will be playing lacrosse at SJU this year.

There is another son of a famous athlete attending STJ this year ;)

K

I agree. I heard that was a Masur thing. I actually love the field location and it looks great with D'Angelo Center in the backdrop. The problem is that there are zero facilities and makeshift bleachers and porta-potties. I'm not saying anything super fancy is required, but a reasonable stadium should have been planned there with bathroom facilities locker rooms etc. like Belson has to at least compete. Loyola built a fantastic facility. They are drawing big talent and won a NC. SJU's facilities are dwarfed by those of competitors Hofstra and SBU. I don't think it would take all that much, but I doubt it is in the cards at this point.

If it was my plan, past the westernmost "end zone" could be a building with locker rooms, bathrooms etc for teams and fans. Nothing monstrous. More permanent bleachers and the stadium would be more than fine.

Certainly difficult to recruit when facilities are soooo far behind. Miller has done a good job despite the shortcomings.

Let's be honest. Their profile went up dramatically as a team on the rise when I actually went to my first game with MCNPA when we beat Georgetown at home a few years ago. LOL

Once I hop on the bandwagon there is no looking back

I think everyone alumni and current students agree that st johns has to start expanding their queens campus, starting with 170st down Goethals to 168th street is a good start and that solitary group of houses behind the town houses too... they have nowhere else to build and the student body is growing (good thing)

K

I agree. I heard that was a Masur thing. I actually love the field location and it looks great with D'Angelo Center in the backdrop. The problem is that there are zero facilities and makeshift bleachers and porta-potties. I'm not saying anything super fancy is required, but a reasonable stadium should have been planned there with bathroom facilities locker rooms etc. like Belson has to at least compete. Loyola built a fantastic facility. They are drawing big talent and won a NC. SJU's facilities are dwarfed by those of competitors Hofstra and SBU. I don't think it would take all that much, but I doubt it is in the cards at this point.

If it was my plan, past the westernmost "end zone" could be a building with locker rooms, bathrooms etc for teams and fans. Nothing monstrous. More permanent bleachers and the stadium would be more than fine.

Certainly difficult to recruit when facilities are soooo far behind. Miller has done a good job despite the shortcomings.

I was trying to respond and quote this on my above post but i guess i didn't do it right.

Care to share?

K

I agree. I heard that was a Masur thing. I actually love the field location and it looks great with D'Angelo Center in the backdrop. The problem is that there are zero facilities and makeshift bleachers and porta-potties. I'm not saying anything super fancy is required, but a reasonable stadium should have been planned there with bathroom facilities locker rooms etc. like Belson has to at least compete. Loyola built a fantastic facility. They are drawing big talent and won a NC. SJU's facilities are dwarfed by those of competitors Hofstra and SBU. I don't think it would take all that much, but I doubt it is in the cards at this point

Disconcerting that we fire fraschilla for interviewing for another job, yet we give masur carte blanche even after he interviewed for the rutgers job.

K

I agree. I heard that was a Masur thing. I actually love the field location and it looks great with D'Angelo Center in the backdrop. The problem is that there are zero facilities and makeshift bleachers and porta-potties. I'm not saying anything super fancy is required, but a reasonable stadium should have been planned there with bathroom facilities locker rooms etc. like Belson has to at least compete. Loyola built a fantastic facility. They are drawing big talent and won a NC. SJU's facilities are dwarfed by those of competitors Hofstra and SBU. I don't think it would take all that much, but I doubt it is in the cards at this point

Disconcerting that we fire fraschilla for interviewing for another job, yet we give masur carte blanche even after he interviewed for the rutgers job.

Do you really believe that that's the reason they fired Fraschilla?

\

Disconcerting that we fire fraschilla for interviewing for another job, yet we give masur carte blanche even after he interviewed for the rutgers job.[/quote] 

Do you really believe that that's the reason they fired Fraschilla?[/quote] 

I know that for a fact.
Pm me for my source.
Not to be posted here.

Care to share?

Not sure who the son is, please share if you know. Also wasn't Gary Payton's daughter going to SJU a few years ago and dating Justin Burell?

Back