Save the Date / Aug. 20 / Annual Spring Lake BBQ

jerseyshorejohnny

Exactly 6 months from today, I will once again be hosting my annual St. John's BBQ

As always, the event is FREE

Save the date on your calendar

Spring Lake is great place to spend a summer weekend

Last edited:
Just a reminder...... We are a bit less than 5 months until my annual St. John's BBQ

No cost to attend

It's a "friend raiser" not a "fund raiser"

Please mark your calendars for what is always a great event

Spring Lake is a great place to spend the weekend

My house is 2 blocks from the beach

PM me if you have any questions

Hope to see you on August 20

jerseyshorejohnny post=465544 said:
Probably an hour and 45 minutes or so on a summer weekend
____
Count me in, absent death, disability, or the dreaded conflicting wedding invitation I can't say "no" to.

We are just a few days under 4 months to my annual St. John's BBQ (August 20)

Father Shanley and Mike Cragg are scheduled to attend

Spring Lake is very family oriented town and my house is only 2 blocks from the beach

As a suggestion, you may want to investigate staying at The Breakers (across from the beach and a few blocks from my home),

The Ocean House (only a few blocks from my home and the beach),

or the Hewitt Wellington (across from the lake where your children can go fishing)

You can check Travelocity or another travel site for additional options and price points

Near by towns include Sea Girt and Point Pleasant

Again, the event is FREE and children and grandchildren are more than welcome to join us

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Spring Lake is very family oriented town and my house is only 2 blocks from the beach

As a suggestion, you may want to investigate staying at The Breakers (across from the beach and a few blocks from my home),

or the Hewitt Wellington (across from the lake where your children can go fishing)

You can check Travelocity or another travel site for additional options and price points

Again, the event is FREE and children and grandchildren are more than welcome to join us

Wow…we’ve never met but, based on what I have seen and heard on this board, you are an extremely generous person and a great supporter of SJ. The world and SJ need more folks like you

My wife’s family has a house in Sea Girt. Spring Lake is a great town.

jerseyshorejohnnie,

This is so generous of you to hold a wonderful event like this every summer. We spent 16 very happy years in central Jersey before relocating to NC in 2011 (job move). Every one of those summers between 1995-2011 we spent a week at the Jersey shore in Avalon and I know Spring Lake is a wonderful place. We are spending the last week of June in Avalon this summer to celebrate my 70th and my wife's 65th with all 4 of our kids. First time back since 2016. Time, my wife & grandchildren may well bring us back to NJ in the not too distant future lol.

We are under 100 days until my annual St. John's BBQ on Saturday, August 20 from 4pm until whenever

As I hope you know, it's FREE

Father Shanley, Mike Cragg and Van Macon, among others, are expected to attend

Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chicken, Ribs, Salads, Soft Drinks, Wine, Beer, Cake, Cookies, etc.

Planning on inviting a magician, as we did last year

Kids and Grandkids are more than welcome

No one will ask you for any $$$

This is a Friend Raiser. It's NOT a Fund Raiser

Spring Lake is a great town to spend the weekend

Very family friendly

Exit 98 on the Garden State Parkway

If you have any questions, please pm me.

For those who have continuous questions/comments about all things St. John's this is the event to attend

It's now only 2 months until my annual St. John's BBQ on Saturday, August 20 from 4pm until whenever

As I hope you know, it's FREE

Father Shanley, Mike Cragg and Van Macon, among others, are expected to attend

Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chicken, Ribs, Salads, Soft Drinks, Wine, Beer, Cake, Cookies, etc.

Planning on inviting a magician, as we did last year

Kids and Grandkids are more than welcome

This is a Friend Raiser. It's NOT a Fund Raiser

Very family friendly

If you have any questions, please PM me

or email Mark Andrews, Director of Alumni Relations:

andrewsm@stjohns.edu

For those who have continuous questions/comments about all things St. John's this is the event to attend

and did I mention that it's FREE !!

It's hard to believe, but It's now only ONE MONTH until my annual St. John's BBQ on SATURDAY afternoon, AUGUST 20 from 4pm until whenever

As I hope you know, it's FREE, FREE, FREE !!!!

Father Shanley, Mike Cragg, Van Macon, Joe Tartamella, among others, are expected to attend

Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chicken, Ribs, All sorts of Salads, Soft Drinks, Wine, Beer, Cake, Cookies, etc.

A World Class Magician as well as a Caricature Artist will be here to entertain

Johnny Thunder is expected to make an appearance !!

We will be playing Corn Hole and Ping Pong among other games

Kids and Grandkids are more than welcome !!!

This is a Friend Raiser.

It's NOT a Fund Raiser

Very family friendly

If you have any questions, please email me:

Redmen1153@aol.com

or

email Mark Andrews, Director of Alumni Relations:

andrewsm@stjohns.edu

For those who have continuous questions/comments about all things St. John's (19854ever are you listening. LOL !!) this is the event to attend and have the opportunity to SPEAK DIRECTLY with Father Shanley, among others

And did I mention that it's FREE, FREE, FREE !!

By the way, Manhattan College just held an event in Spring Lake last week and charged $55 per person

They had nearly 150 attending

Fordham will be hosting an event in Spring Lake next month and will charge $65 per person

Typically, Fordham gets around 200 plus to attend

And did I mention that our event is FREE, FREE, FREE !!!

We are just 3 weeks away from our annual St. John's Alumni and Friends BBQ

Did I mention that it's FREE, FREE, FREE !!

The following members of the St. John's FAMILY will be here:

Father Shanley
Mike Cragg
Van Macon
Volleyball Coach Joanne Persico
Lacrosse Coach Justin Turri

In addition, Men's Soccer Coach Dave Masur and our new Golf Coach Phil Wildermuth will make every effort to drive down to the Shore

This is obviously self serving but I can't think of too many (if any) events like this that ANY COLLEGE offers to its Alumni and Fan Base.

Hope to see you on Saturday afternoon, August 20

My email is redmen1153@aol.com if you have any questions

Go Johnnies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN

We are just 14 DAYS away from our annual St. John's Alumni and Friends BBQ in beautiful Spring Lake, N.J.

Did I mention that it's FREE, FREE, FREE !!

The following members of the St. John's FAMILY will be here:

Father Shanley
Mike Cragg
Van Macon
Volleyball Coach Joanne Persico
Lacrosse Coach Justin Turri

In addition, Men's Soccer Coach Dave Masur and our new Golf Coach Phil Wildermuth will make every effort to drive down to the Shore

This is obviously self serving but I can't think of too many (if any) FREE events like this that ANY COLLEGE offers to its Alumni and Fan Base.

Hope to see you on Saturday afternoon, August 20 at 4PM

My email is redmen1153@aol.com if you have any questions

Go Johnnies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back