Repole 1-2 !!!

First time I haven't bet or watched the Belmont in many years. I took my wife out for dinner for a big birthday at 5 and forgot to put it on when we got home a few minutes before 7. Epicenter was my Derby horse and just had little interest with so many of the best horses not running today.
Does Repole own Nest as well as the winner? I knew Pletcher trained them both but wasn't aware Repole owned Nest. If I'd bet, I probably would have bet Mo Donegal to win and back and forth with Creative Minister, no way I'd have had a dime on Nest.

Off topic, but how about Steph Curry last night? Made everyone in this part of the state proud!

Anyone know the deal with him and the program presently? I recall he was a big fan of Cragg, at least publicly. Are things still MIA post the infamous Francesca interview.
Not sure about his relationship with SJU, but he sure seems to have a strong relationship with Jay Wright. Wonder if a big donation to Nova is forthcoming?

I think that it is comical the obsession people on this site have with Mr. Repole and their belief he will magically write a whopping check to St. John’s when they themself never send St. John’s a modest donation, and they visit this site several times a day but refuse to make a donation to keep it going.

I think that it is comical the obsession people on this site have with Mr. Repole and their belief he will magically write a whopping check to St. John’s when they themself never send St. John’s a modest donation, and they visit this site several times a day but refuse to make a donation to keep it going.
Otis,
Repole, a Queens born and raised, Catholic school educated, St. John's Alum from a blue collar family, just accomplished a rare feat. So it's natural his name is being bandied around again. And whenever his name is bandied around, the subject of a donation from him(nothing magical about him writing a big check) will invariably come up. He's done it before and maybe he'll do it again. Frankly, without knowing the particulars(of his relationship with SJU) but knowing a thing or 2 about Repole, since he grew up very close to me, I do not blame him one bit if he chooses to make donations elsewhere. He's a very charitable guy so it's not as though he's not giving elsewhere. He earned his money and is entitled to do what he wishes with it. As is everyone. As for this site, I'm sure Paul has thought about a small annual mandatory fee to cover expenses. So why not?

I think people's obsessions with what other people do with their money is comical.

I think people's obsessions with what other people do with their money is comical.
I didn’t mean or intend to start a whole thing on this.

I’m a long time fan and poster, previously under another handle I had to change for this new board (prjohnnies).

As any long time diehard knows, Repole has been linked to us forever and is not only a prominent alum but very public SJU basketball lover.

I have no clue what his level of involvement or contributions has been. I recall reading, probably here or the other board I don’t frequent as much post Mullin/Abdelmassih, that Repole was a booster and involved during the Lav years. I also recall during the Francesca interview he stated he had donated to improve the locker rooms based on a discussion with Cragg.

So was just curious what his involvement is now, if any, especially in this world of NIL. A SJU basketball obsessed fan with his profile seems like someone who might be able to help on that front in multiple ways.

Back