Podcasts and Videos ……

Another great podcast series is the Big East Rewind, hosted by Chuck Everson (Villanova alum) and Sonny Spera (Syracuse alum)
They interview former BE players, coaches, media members, referees, etc.
The most recent podcast is an interview with Walter Berry
Several other former St John's players have been interviewed as well
I highly recommend this podcast series to you - all of the episodes are a great listen
They make an hour on the treadmill each morning fly by very quickly

I've told Bob this and I've heard from many that he could have a career as an analyst or doing symposiums. He's so good at speaking and telling stories and he's an easy listen even when he gives long answers. He never bores you.

It's been such a treat to do these with him and I'm grateful that Rick and the school gave me the green light to do so.

You need a sponsor, Dave! You do great work that we all very much appreciate. As a journalist and founder of two
Media companies, I understand how difficult it is to do what you do and I hope you’re getting compensated in some way by someone. And I know how impossible it is to be both content creator and sales development. This kind of craft cannot be a hobby or labor of love. Maybe someone at storm marketing/flat top fund can connect you with a sponsor. Better yet, maybe someone on this board has a business they want to promote to this audience. It may be small — I don’t know, maybe it’s larger than I think. But it’s loyal and supportive. I had mixed success with my two companies — not sports-related at all — but they sustained me for 20 years. I don’t know the market or have any easy answers but message me if you want to brainstorm. I really think you might have lightening in a barrel.

You need a sponsor, Dave! You do great work that we all very much appreciate. As a journalist and founder of two
Media companies, I understand how difficult it is to do what you do and I hope you’re getting compensated in some way by someone. And I know how impossible it is to be both content creator and sales development. This kind of craft cannot be a hobby or labor of love. Maybe someone at storm marketing/flat top fund can connect you with a sponsor. Better yet, maybe someone on this board has a business they want to promote to this audience. It may be small — I don’t know, maybe it’s larger than I think. But it’s loyal and supportive. I had mixed success with my two companies — not sports-related at all — but they sustained me for 20 years. I don’t know the market or have any easy answers but message me if you want to brainstorm. I really think you might have lightening in a barrel.
Wow. Thank you.

I am not being compensated what so ever, and have no sponsors unfortunately. While it is a niche topic, the podcast does have a pretty strong following and the last year has been very consistent listenership per episode that has double since the first year.

I greatly appreciate your comment and I'll definitely be messaging you. It means the world. Thank you

If anyone wants to watch the podcast...

I've already seen as much of Bob Walsh as I've seen of John Wooden in my life. :)

Keep up the good work. How about former players? Frank Alagia would be great. George Johnson? Frank Gilroy? Walter Berry? There are a ton who i think would be great.

I've been trying to get a hold of Walter for like a year+, he seemed interested at one point but we could never connect again. I saw he just did a pod also.

I usually do players/coaches in the summer so I'll be working on that over the next 6 months

Good Morning the Johnnies are on the board in a big way with two new additions! We discuss Vince Iwuchukwu and Aaron Scott, what they bring to the roster and what else is needed. But that’s not all because yesterday major rumors started swirling about who else SJU was involved with. We touch on it all and recap the last 6 weeks of the portal and much more!

Good Morning the Johnnies are on the board in a big way with two new additions! We discuss Vince Iwuchukwu and Aaron Scott, what they bring to the roster and what else is needed. But that’s not all because yesterday major rumors started swirling about who else SJU was involved with. We touch on it all and recap the last 6 weeks of the portal and much more!

Another great podcast, Dave. Thanks for all of your hard work and insight! Go Johnnies!!!

Another great podcast, Dave. Thanks for all of your hard work and insight! Go Johnnies!!!
Thank you.

Apologies about Frank's mic, had a settings issue and he recorded into the computer and not the mic so the sound is a bit muffled. Didn't notice until I went to edit.

Another professionally done podcast by The Honorable SJUDave.

Hey Dave … than you.

Fabulous podcasts especially for fans that followed college hoop in early to mid 1970’s. I already ordered Ernie D’s book.

Fabulous podcasts especially for fans that followed college hoop in early to mid 1970’s. I already ordered Ernie D’s book.

Let me know how you like it bama. My cousin was a huge PC fan in those days and of course I was a huge Johnnie fan. Saw that team play at Alumni Hall. Remember they also had Kevin Stacom out of Holy Cross high.

That may have been the greatest game I witnessed in person even though we lost 93-90. Ernie D with 41 Stacom 25 and our Billy Schaeffer 30. But the best part of the game was the rebounding battle between tremendous leapers Marvin Barnes and Ed Searcy where it seemed every rebound was grabbed at the top of the square. Oh how I wish I could see that game again. I’ll give a review of book after I read it after listening to Ernie D tell some stories he seems like a really great guy.

That may have been the greatest game I witnessed in person even though we lost 93-90. Ernie D with 41 Stacom 25 and our Billy Schaeffer 30. But the best part of the game was the rebounding battle between tremendous leapers Marvin Barnes and Ed Searcy where it seemed every rebound was grabbed at the top of the square. Oh how I wish I could see that game again. I’ll give a review of book after I read it after listening to Ernie D tell some stories he seems like a really great guy.
You have a way better memory than me. I do remember the great rebounding battle between Marvin and Searcy, Ernie D scoring a ton and that we lost a great game but could not have told you anything about point totals. Searcy was one of my favorite Johnnies, short but very underrated center for us.

As always thanks Dave great job with the podcast, very informative on all things Johnnie's!

Wanted to share with you guys the newest episode of the podcast that's about the current state of NIL, especially at St. John's. How Rick Pitino and staff have embraced it specifically with the Storm Marketing team. Storm Marketing has been the first NIL collective on the scene and has been instrumental in helping SJU be in the top half of the conference since day 1. Justin Kramer and Vin Ochani came on the podcast to discuss that and break the news of a brand new venture and arm of Storm Marketing they are launching to give people are new avenue to support NIL.

I hope you guys check it out.

Back