Player, Meet Bus

lawmanfan

Staff member
 ... driven by coach and running over you with every ... single ... tire.

"I don't know what the school record for misses is," West Virginia coach Bob Huggins said, "but I think if I would have left Jabarie Hinds in tonight he would have had it."

That one has to be in the all-time top 10 of coaches throwing a player under the bus.

Oh, and ND is officially en fuego:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/49660/irish-keep-rolling-eye-garden

And yet if Jabarie had made his next two shots he would only have been equally as bad as Truck was on the day.

Just wondering here. If Hinds, or really any player from WVa, were to transfer for whatever reason (Huggins' comments, doesn't want to play in the Big 12....whatever), and that transfer was to another BE team, would that player now have to sit out the required 2 years? Or the standard one year? Or would he have to sit out at all as maybe there's a clause much like when a coaching change occurs. Just asking.

"I don't know what the school record for misses is," West Virginia coach Bob Huggins said, "but I think if I would have left Jabarie Hinds in tonight he would have had it."

That one has to be in the all-time top 10 of coaches throwing a player under the bus.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/49660/irish-keep-rolling-eye-garden

Just wondering here. If Hinds, or really any player from WVa, were to transfer for whatever reason (Huggins' comments, doesn't want to play in the Big 12....whatever), and that transfer was to another BE team, would that player now have to sit out the required 2 years? Or the standard one year? Or would he have to sit out at all as maybe there's a clause much like when a coaching change occurs. Just asking.

If he waits until after the date in June that WVU becomes a Big 12 school, he can transfer to a Big East scool and sit only 1 year.

There is no intra-conference transferring in the BE, period. It is prohibited. The same thing falls under the BE transfer rule when a player signs a valid NLI then wants a release for some reason (say when a Coach leaves or gets fired), that player CANNOT under any circumstances sign with another BE school. That is considered an intra-conference transfer (even though the player never played or enrolled at his original school he just signed an NLI) and is prohibited.

Some conferences do have the 2 years sit rule for intra-conference transferring but the BE simply forbids it.

There is no intra-conference transferring in the BE, period. It is prohibited. The same thing falls under the BE transfer rule when a player signs a valid NLI then wants a release for some reason (say when a Coach leaves or gets fired), that player CANNOT under any circumstances sign with another BE school. That is considered an intra-conference transfer (even though the player never played or enrolled at his original school he just signed an NLI) and is prohibited.

Some conferences do have the 2 years sit rule for intra-conference transferring but the BE simply forbids it.

Fordham, WVU won't be a Big East school in June. They paid to leave and the bylaws are invalid after that point. If Jabari Hinds chose to transfer to a Big East school in late June, he'd be transferring from a Big 12 school to a Big East school, and not subject to intra-conference rules at all I believe.

No I know I was more responding to the original post about the 2 year sit rule. That does not even exist.

It would be interesting to see if something like this occurs. Not sure the BE and would automatically allow the transfer. They may say that since WVU was a BE member and that the student-athlete enrolled while WVU was still a member and thus the transfer would not be allowed. Just guessing.

Thanks for the discussion. Would be interesting to see what would happen.
Hey Jabari, wanna' play back home again and settle this for us?

No I know I was more responding to the original post about the 2 year sit rule. That does not even exist.

It would be interesting to see if something like this occurs. Not sure the BE and would automatically allow the transfer. They may say that since WVU was a BE member and that the student-athlete enrolled while WVU was still a member and thus the transfer would not be allowed. Just guessing.

If I was the Big East I'd let any kid on the West Virginia roster transfer to Big East schools just to screw them 

Back