NYC has a Championship Pro Basketball Team

BrooklynRed

2023 $upporter
For the first time in 51 Years the City has a champion pro basketball team in the NY Liberty. It happened the last time in 1973. The Liberty were an original franchise in the WNBA founded about 28 years ago. They were owned by Dolan until Joe Tsai and his wife purchased them and moved them out of an arena in White plains drawing about 2,000 per game to the Barclay Center where they draw over 18,000. (I attended a regular season game and the enthusiasm in the stands was the same as last night. The Rangers last won in 1994 right before the Dolans bought MSG and the teams.

Last night the Liberty showed what can be accomplished by removing the "Curse Of The Dolan" as they finally won it all. Now if only he would sell the Knicks/Rangers/MSG, we might have some more championships in NYC.

For the first time in 51 Years the City has a champion pro basketball team in the NY Liberty. It happened the last time in 1973. The Liberty were an original franchise in the WNBA founded about 28 years ago. They were owned by Dolan until Joe Tsai and his wife purchased them and moved them out of an arena in White plains drawing about 2,000 per game to the Barclay Center where they draw over 18,000. (I attended a regular season game and the enthusiasm in the stands was the same as last night. The Rangers last won in 1994 right before the Dolans bought MSG and the teams.

Last night the Liberty showed what can be accomplished by removing the "Curse Of The Dolan" as they finally won it all. Now if only he would sell the Knicks/Rangers/MSG, we might have some more championships in NYC.
Thank goodness. The timing was perfect as it took much of the sting off of the Mets.

Does anyone else acknowledge this is impossible to watch? Apart from the top 1 or 2 players on each team with talent the others are all horrendous. It’s a subsidized league (not withstanding the big bump they got from Clark’s emergence), and you have ESPN shoving it down everyone’s throats to promote their partnership.

I guess my punishment for thinking this is that I have young daughters and will be resigned to watching girl's/women’s basketball till the end of my days. I’m going to do everything to empower them though “You can do anything and everything you put your mind to girls. Except dunk a basketball, that’ll never happen!” Smdh

Back