New Post button not working?

RedStormNC

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the new post button not working right?

On my mobile device,, I noticed that I was hitting the new post button but nothing coming up for most of day, but within a forum I'm seeing newer posts.

I logged off & on the forum....and powered off & on.

this should be resolved but if it isn't for you then it is likely cached in your browser. On a desktop or laptop hold down the shift key while you reload the page and that should empty your page cache.

this should be resolved but if it isn't for you then it is likely cached in your browser. On a desktop or laptop hold down the shift key while you reload the page and that should empty your page cache.
What about on an iPhone? I’m having the same issue.

Didn't know where else to ask, but here goes, delete if in apropos

After it is out there can I edit my post to fix a typo?

Can I change my handle back to Brook Jersey somehow it changed back to my old handle?

OP says "nothing comes up for most of the day" does this mean that you actually see nothing or that new posts are not bold?

Didn't know where else to ask, but here goes, delete if in apropos

After it is out there can I edit my post to fix a typo?

Can I change my handle back to Brook Jersey somehow it changed back to my old handle?
ANSWERS:
1) where to ask: Member Help forum. Also on the bottom of every page is a "Contact Us" but looking at the Member Help forum the info is dated so this reminds me to archive the old posts.
2) Edit my post: when you make a post there is an edit link under it. There is a time limit however so if you just made the post and want to edit, you'll see the edit link.
3) Change handle/username: go to your profile and the first item is your username and there is a "Change" button:
also note that for continuity this is also limited to how often you can use this so use it prudently.
just click on your handle up top or you can access it from this link:

Attachments

• 1667591955509.png
    1667591955509.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
OP says "nothing comes up for most of the day" does this mean that you actually see nothing or that new posts are not bold?
It may be working now.. need to see tomorrow after others post.

earlier, No new posts when I click the new post button. But I can click the link to view latest posts and can see the threads but it takes me just to first post.

I have not tried clearing cache yet but will try that next if I don't see new posts tomorrow

I'm using the app on mobile device

This morning, the only new post that appeared when clicking new post button was the 2022 Yankees thread from this morning. but there are more new posts in Fan Forum, not coming up..

I cleared my cache, internet history..I logged out and in, and also recovered my phone.

I went back into the app, and the 2022 Yankees thread is still the only "new post" I see when I click that...but when i go to Fan Forum I see other posts that are newer

One of the members sent me this screenshot which shows that there is an "unread" filter being used. This explains why less items show up in the What's New. Because by default there will always be at least 10 items in the What's New. I played around with using 20/11 but at a minimum you will see 10 whether they are bold or not.

Take a look at this screenshot and see if you also see an active filter and the answer is to simply turn it off.

1667826757194.png

Also if you are seeing the full list of What's New and they are not showing any unread threads in Bold, this is likely because you have multiple tabs open in your browser and/or your account is open on multiple devices. Pretty much everyone including myself, leaves open tabs on phones and tablets and then reopens an app or site. On the current ios (iphone / ipad) Safari browser you can check your open tabs on the bottom right where you see the two squares one stacked on the other. Click that and you'll see your open tabs.

One of our esteemed members resolved their issue by removing the red.fans site cookies from their browser. First, have your password handy if you don't know it by heart, because you'll need to log back in after this. On ios (iphone / ipad) the process is:
  1. Settings> Safari
  2. Advanced
  3. Website Data
  4. in the search type in red.fans
  5. when it comes up swipe it left then Delete

*and moving this thread to Member Help forum.

Thanks Paul...oddly, mine started to work again mid day yesterday and I had not taken any additional steps earlier that day

Back