Only really effects programs with women's lacrosse. Temple has no men's lacrosse team. We will still need to explore adding a 6th member after next season to keep our AQ. I'd still like to see that be Loyola if possible. Makes sense as they are a Jesuit school with similar profile to other schools in our league, and they have a strong tradition as well as links to Baltimore recruiting-wise. Like I have said prior though Tom. I really think SJU would be smart looking into adding women's lax and dropping softball. We'd be much more competitive in a growing sport.

Only really effects programs with women's lacrosse. Temple has no men's lacrosse team. We will still need to explore adding a 6th member after next season to keep our AQ. I'd still like to see that be Loyola if possible. Makes sense as they are a Jesuit school with similar profile to other schools in our league, and they have a strong tradition as well as links to Baltimore recruiting-wise. Like I have said prior though Tom. I really think SJU would be smart looking into adding women's lax and dropping softball. We'd be much more competitive in a growing sport.

Why would we have to drop anything? they should add women's lax and look into adding more Olympic sports. I would love to see a crew team one day.

I think Loyolla just joined the Patriot League. Might be this fall and not sure of which sports. Doesn't appear that Temple sees a long term relationship with the AAC.

Why would we have to drop anything? they should add women's lax and look into adding more Olympic sports. I would love to see a crew team one day.

Where would crew team crew exactly?

Where would crew team crew exactly?

Gowanus Canal?

Meadow Lake at Flushing Corona park? I know that our NY office participates in the annual Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival there each year. Trust me most schools don't have facilities on campus. LOL

Meadow Lake at Flushing Corona park? I know that our NY office participates in the annual Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival there each year. Trust me most schools don't have facilities on campus. LOL

Never thought schools did have facilities on campus.

Drop it due to title IX issues. In a separate thread I expressed an idea to swap women's lax for softball, which would enable SJU to use the softball stadium part of campus or other uses and consolidate men's and women lacrosse facilities in a nutshell. Heck, I'd love to see SJU add teams but in this financial environment, it doesn't seem likely.

Back