"Mr. St. John's" Joseph Sciame Retires After 6 Decades of Service

Joe Sciame, is the founder of my fraternity on St John's campus . A fraternity that the late/great Diego Lopez loved very much . It has opened many doors in my life, and Joe has done that for many individuals on campus, and St John's family throughout his great tenure.

Attachments

• Joe Sciame and Brothers (1) (1).jpeg
    Joe Sciame and Brothers (1) (1).jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 10
I related in an earlier post a few months ago on Joe Sciame that I probably would not have been able to go to St. John's without him being involved on our family finances and insuring I got whatever I needed over the 4 years. It was a connection between my Father, Joe and the Sons of Italy! Really nice man.

I related in an earlier post a few months ago on Joe Sciame that I probably would not have been able to go to St. John's without him being involved on our family finances and insuring I got whatever I needed over the 4 years. It was a connection between my Father, Joe and the Sons of Italy! Really nice man.
He was the National, State and Local Lodge President of The Sons of Italy.

The fact Berlusconi’s daughter went to SJU (and he went to campus to visit her) yet Sciame made certain it was kept a secret is pretty amazing story.
images.jpeg

She might be up there w/ Repole as wealthiest alum. When father died, his wealth got divided up among children. She is one of the board members of his company along w/ siblings...A real life HBO Succession series in some ways ..

He was the National, State and Local Lodge President of The Sons of Italy.
I had tried to help a ypunger frat brother years ago and reached out to.Joe. i was really amazed by Joe's candor in why sju couldn't help the kid any more and the kid had.not pulled his weight. He did try to get me to join sons of italy. I think they had the storefront on jericho tpk in new hyde park. Back then i had no free time at all so i declined. All time sju icon

I remember Joe during my time at St. John's, if I remember correctly, he interviewed me for a scholarship in the early 70's.

Back