Let's Go Islanders!

kranmars

Staff member
Yes! Yes! Yes! It is amazing how good coaching can elevate talent, and make prognosticators look foolish.

Thank you for taking me to a happy sports place, and away from the SJU madness.

Great job by the Islanders sweeping Crosby and Malkin and the Pens out of the playoffs! Go get Harvey! Hey Harvey!

If anyone doesn’t understand the difference coaching and a good ͏͏Ad makes, one needs to look no further than the Islanders hiring of Lamoriello and Trotz.

Last edited:
Canes stay alive against Caps. May their Game 7 on Wednesday go four overtimes.

Good luck all isle fans. Personally a big rangers guy but jeez it’d be nice to see a NY team win something we are a mess in every sport

If you like to win, it's been a tough road for fans of NY teams
The Mets, Jets, Knicks, Rangers and St John's have cost me a lot of sleepless nights
1969 was my one year of glory - the Mets, Jets, Knicks won championships
I also had my first date with my wife that year
Well, you can't win them all :p

Last edited:
[quote="kranmars" post=342922]Yes! Yes! Yes! It is amazing how good coaching can elevate talent, and make prognosticators look foolish.

Thank you for taking me to a happy sports place, and away from the SJU madness.[/quote]

But now K - and despite the OT loss last night - you have the Islanders AND the Storm
Headed in the right direction to the happy sports place - hope we take this series!

[quote="MarkRedman" post=346582]If you like to win, it's been a tough road for fans of NY teams
The Mets, Jets, Knicks, Rangers and St John's have cost me a lot of sleepless nights
1969 was my one year of glory - the Mets, Jets, Knicks won championships
I also had my first date with my wife that year
Well, you can't win them all :p[/quote]

Did a job on Baltimore that year.

Tough 2OT loss tonight. Game 7 awaits. They outshot the Flyers almost 2:1 but a broken stick cost the Isles. Great game. The playoff's have been great so far.

[quote="TX Redman" post=397560]Tough 2OT loss tonight. Game 7 awaits. They outshot the Flyers almost 2:1 but a broken stick cost the Isles. Great game. The playoff's have been great so far.[/quote]
Have seen quite a few broken sticks wind up costing a team a goal. How do these sticks break on seemingly innocuous plays? You are basically useless without a stick.

Isles cruising through game 7. Nice blend of youth and experience. Barzal is a real talent.

Isles / Stars in the final please.

TB better, stronger, faster. They are masters of setting screens. Isles need to come out with fire in their belly in game 2.

There's a faint pulse in the Islanders. That was a war of attrition last night. The Stars will enjoy the rest. Jamie Benn has been leading by example and Khudobin has been standing on his head. Looking forward to the Finals.

Back