Ladies Playing UCONN

Tough loss but quite an effort from the ladies

Watched the game late last night
Tremendous effort by our team
We led for a good part of the game and didn't relinquish the lead for good until there were less than 5 minutes left
However, I do believe that Coach T feel asleep at the helm
The turning point was Yukon switching to a zone defense late in the second half (something they very rarely do)
We made no effort to penentrate the zone or get the ball inside
We passed the ball from side to side, waited for the shot clock to expire and hoisted desperate 3's several times
We should have called a timeout and reorganized much earlier to discuss how to attack the zone
Having said that, the ladies played hard and should be commended for a fine effort

UCONN played without their best player Stephanie Dolson. Still a valiant effort that Geno lauded. Free throws down the stretch saved them he said.

I mainly follow on the men's side and just came across these boards but I have been following the women a bit this year. I do agree about the late game coaching against UConn. Some tough losses and bad luck this season but from the handful of close games I've seen, the women seem to be unprepared to finish games whether it be mentally or game plan wise.

I was able to catch the full Louisville game and even though SJU wasn't able to extend a lead, I felt for the first 37 minutes of the game, the women were getting the best of Louisville. The last few minutes, things that were working were thrown out the window and the team looked panicky. The ladies need to pull out a close game against a quality opponent to prove to themselves that they can.

Just looked it up...the ladies lost FIVE games by 3 or less points including 2 in OT and 1 on a buzzer beater miracle chuck. They might be the most unlucky team in the Big East right now. In addition to that, there's the injury bug. They are a good team but they just seem totally unable to win the close ones. Very frustrating because this team is WAY better than its record dictates. Those 5 losses by 3 or less points doesn't even take into account barely losing to UConn by 6 or 7. Brutal year for the women.

Back