Keegan Bradley President's Cup

President's Cup starts today. Playing with Phil Mickelson today against Scwartzel and Ousthousen
today in four - ball match. 3 and 0 in team competition with Phil as partner. Shoulld be a tough match which
they should win.

How about STJ's Andrew Svoboda's finish on PGA Tour. Got himself into 80 % of events in upcoming 2013 / 14
PGA Tour season, which starts next week in California.

Well actually it was Svoboda's finish on the Hooters Tour, or whatever they call that nowadays that helped him keep his card. But winning there twice is no indication that he will break into the top 200 in the Fedex Cup standings in 2014 after a season where he only made the cut 5 times. That said I wish him all the luck in the world.

Keggan is certainly one of the top players in the world. Probably within the top 15. He does need to improve his wedge play and putting. He misses a lot of birdie putts from very close distances..Witness today at the President's Cup.

He's young but, putting will determine whether he can get to the top 5 in the World Rankings. He's a great competitor and good teammate for Phil.

Ryder Cup is the Ryder Cup. Nobody would confuse it with the President's Cup in terms of prestige. But curious golf fans take on the fact the President Cup, everyone plays and nobody sits out. I wonder if it would add to Ryder Cup to add that or if the sitting out and match up game adds to it.

President's Cup starts today. Playing with Phil Mickelson today against Scwartzel and Ousthousen
today in four - ball match. 3 and 0 in team competition with Phil as partner. Shoulld be a tough match which
they should win.

How about STJ's Andrew Svoboda's finish on PGA Tour. Got himself into 80 % of events in upcoming 2013 / 14
PGA Tour season, which starts next week in California.

I think 22057 is the SJU golf coach or Svoboda :)

Ryder Cup is the Ryder Cup. Nobody would confuse it with the President's Cup in terms of prestige. But curious golf fans take on the fact the President Cup, everyone plays and nobody sits out. I wonder if it would add to Ryder Cup to add that or if the sitting out and match up game adds to it.

That's a good question. I'm sure they'd tell you it adds a bit more strategy.

Doesn't help that this year's international team is awful. There are only 3 guys on this team that were on the team 4 years ago - Els, Scott and Cabrera. Allenby, Goosen, Vijay and Tim Clark got old fast. Villegas, Ryo, Weir, Yang and Ogilvy's games went south fast. Amazing. And KJ still couldn't make the squad.

Well, so much for the Mickelson/Bradley pairing and their invincibility.. BTW, the Internationals look pretty tough to me thru day 1.

Well, so much for the Mickelson/Bradley pairing and their invincibility.. BTW, the Internationals look pretty tough to me thru day 1.

Americans looked phenomenal after 1 day of Ryder Cup.
Long way to go.

That's a good question. I'm sure they'd tell you it adds a bit more strategy.

Doesn't help that this year's international team is awful. There are only 3 guys on this team that were on the team 4 years ago - Els, Scott and Cabrera. Allenby, Goosen, Vijay and Tim Clark got old fast. Villegas, Ryo, Weir, Yang and Ogilvy's games went south fast. Amazing. And KJ still couldn't make the squad.

I'd say maybe only sit 2 player as opposed to 4.

Ironically saw Jack chimed in on the subject.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/gol...-favors-presidents-cup-format-over-ryder-cup/

They do sit 2. Rosters are 12 guys and they play 5 matches each session, 2x per day Fri and Saturday, right? Or do you mean 1 per team?

They do sit 2. Rosters are 12 guys and they play 5 matches each session, 2x per day Fri and Saturday, right? Or do you mean 1 per team?

Not sure what you mean.
Ryder Cup they sit 4 guys per team each session until the singles Sunday, from what I'm seeing.
President's they run out everyone.
So maybe Ryder should just sit 2 per team and run out another match.

Back