Jade Walker to SJU

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
 At 4:30 this afternoon the call came that the staff has been holding their breath on for two weeks, since she took her official visit to SJU. 6 1 WING Jade Walker of Depaul Catholic in Maplewood NJ called Coach Tartamella to tell him she would be a Johnnie in 2013.
Jade is the number 11 ranked player at her position and number 63 overall in the class of 2013.
More importantly, she was the player the staff identified and targeted to fill Shenneika Smith's big shoes next season.
From a historical standpoint this is uncharted waters for SJU as it is three years running we have gotten commitments in each class from 2 ladies ranked in the ESPN top 100. Just unbelievable. And we have 1 already in the class of 2014 in Tamesha Alexander.

Just a great job by our completely new staff.
Lets go ladies.

Thanks for the continued updates regarding the women's program, Aubie
It is much appreciated by those of us who follow the ladies as well as the men's program 
Looking forward ro another great season for the lady Johnnies!!

North- any chance of us landing Aliyah Cooley (w) from Southside? 

No clue Harold , but what I do know is that after the recruiting bonanza of this past weekend three (3) highly rated young ladies called the school whom we had not previously been involved with. The staff was ecstatic.
Great players want to play with other great players.

I wish more people would respect women's college basketball. It's the same game just minus some size and dunks basically. They still represent the school, so I wish them as well as the men's team. Right now, our women's team is where we wish our men's team would be: ranked in the top 25, coming off a sweet 16 and getting great recruits consistently.

Back