Isles and Tavares in Talks on a Multi-Year Deal

kranmars

Staff member
That gargling sound you heard was Brian Burke and his lap dogs in the Toronto media choking on each other's balls after this news.

This would be great for the franchise. While the Grabner and Okposo signings were nice moves for the continued rebuild, locking Tavares up is vital to the organization. It sends a message this young, and talented group will be together.

Tavares seems to be a relly good kid. He has said all the right things, and wants to be here and be the face of the franchise.

I can't wait for Strome to develop. Tavares and Strome will be centering the top 2 lines for a long time. That is going to be fun. Maybe the black cloud over the Islanders is moving somewhere else, hopefully Toronto.

I guess I will get the requisite response from Moose and SJUFAN2. :p

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/sto...s-new-york-islanders-contract-extension-talks

That gargling sound you heard was Brian Burke and his lap dogs in the Toronto media choking on each other's balls after this news.

This would be great for the franchise. While the Grabner and Okposo signings were nice moves for the continued rebuild, locking Tavares up is vital to the organization. It sends a message this young, and talented group will be together.

Tavares seems to be a relly good kid. He has said all the right things, and wants to be here and be the face of the franchise.

I can't wait for Strome to develop. Tavares and Strome will be centering the top 2 lines for a long time. That is going to be fun. Maybe the black cloud over the Islanders is moving somewhere else, hopefully Toronto.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/sto...s-new-york-islanders-contract-extension-talks

18 years?

18 years?

You are being funny right? Although, it will make him an Islander until he is 39, it would still be infinitely better than DiPietro's contract.

18 years?

You are being funny right? Although, it will make him an Islander until he is 39, it would still be infinitely better than DiPietro's contract.

:evil:

JT doesn't even turn 21 until next week...I hate those long term contracts but I wouldn't be terribly upset to see JT get a 10 year contract

Just get it done!

JT doesn't even turn 21 until next week...I hate those long term contracts but I wouldn't be terribly upset to see JT get a 10 year contract

Just get it done!

The Isles will apparently have an announcement tomorrow at 1 pm. It could be the Tavares deal and making him captain.

Just get it done!

The Isles will apparently have an announcement tomorrow at 1 pm. It could be the Tavares deal and making him captain.

Captain? Didn't you just name Okposo?

Nope, no one has been named captain yet....It seems like it's between JT, Okposo and Streit

So pumped JT signed long term and wants to continue to build this team into a contender...I think $5.5 per is a steal for JT

Another solid job by Snow

This is the reason that I'm not as big a hockey fan as I used to be, the bad Islander teams, for many, many years. I still remember when I actually liked the Islanders better than the Yankees. 19 straight playoff series victories, with only 2 (Penguins & Rangers) going the distance. Billy Smith, Bossy, Trottier, Tonelli, Potvin, Gillies, Nystrom, Gord Lane. Oh was there ever a better team in hockey? Of course not! And that includes the Canadians and Rangers also.

Back