If This Doesn't Upset You, Nothing Will

NYCRedmen

Thanks to  MCNPA who posted this in another thread

www.syracusefan.com/threads/half-price-t...st-johns-game.13887/

This will be a road game for us

I was about to post this exact link, but I was beat to it. A Cuse alum friend imed me today with that link and said, "see you at Carrier Dome South." I went off on the kid and he responded with, "wow, you do really hate Syracuse." Unfortunately, this year, I do not see us being able to handle them at all, and they will be in the ACC by the time I think we rise above them for good, but I want to beat them in the worst way. 

[quote="NYCRedmen" post=14127syracusefan.com/threads/half-price-t...st-johns-game.13887/]

This will be a road game for us[/quote] 

I too am upset that Syracuse fans will travel several hours and spend thousands of dollars to cheer on their team whereas the SJ fan base not so much. No wonder Syracuse is considered New York's team. Well, that and their success year in year out and their national championships and so on. Not too worried though - although Boeheim is one of the greatest coaches of his generation he can't live forever and once he's gone Syracuse will be knocked down a peg which can only help SJ. 

Uggh... This is exactly why I said I wanted to play Cuse at CA not MSG. Well at least I will get to wear the shirt that I making, it says "Boheim Knew" on the "Syracuse Canada's Team" on the back

I hate to point out the obvious, but how does this surprise anyone anymore? When we have some sustained success, maybe these types of situations won't rear its head. It shouldn't be shocking that the vast majority root for the program that wins every year. Frankly, fun hit the nail on the head.

I was a little more upset when I found out we had 3 players not academically qualify before the season began.

This does not upset me.

Syracuse has been a top 10 team forever it seems. There are many Syracuse alums who live in the City and Burbs. The only way this changes is when SJU finally beats them, and make a couple of runs in the NCAA's.

But keep the faith folks. Lavin is here for the long haul, and he will bring in talent similar to the talent Boeheim brings in. This program is one year away from being really good. And when the time comes, and we get to enjoy a tourney run or two (or infinite number) it will feel great. And then SJU can take back a little of NYC.

Buck up gang.

c'mon, syracuse has one of the biggest alumni associations right here in NYC......we can shoot them
down but those fans come for every game, most traveling as much or shorter commutes than most
of us to the garden......the LIRR is filled with orange on game day, and with the game on a weekend,
they will be flocking to the game to catch their team....possibly the last regular season BE game in
the garden. Those years spent with little else to do but school sports has remained ingrained in
their brains..... we will be lucky to be at 30% of the crowd on Feb 4. 

I agree with Kranmars (still the best name on this site lol). I think we are all excitedly waiting for the day to come where we are back where we belong. It's just too bad that we have to wait for that day to come before our pride kicks in and we start showing in numbers equal to or greater than Syracuse's fans.

Not sure if it was a rumor...but wasn't there an SJU AD that used to buy blocks of tickets for home UCONN games to prevent an overflow of their fans from coming...I think I also remeber the school inviting Alumi back for the last home game (on capmus) gratis.

This needs to be implemented for THIS game...

I believe it was the AD during the Mike Jarvis era. St. John's instituted a policy where if you wanted to buy tickets to either the UConn or Syracuse game you HAD TO BUY full season tickets. Needless to say the UConn & Syracuse fans were not happy and made several complaints. I am not sure for how long this policy was in effect for but I remember that the announcers on ESPN who broadcasted the 2000 Big East Championship game mentioned this during the telecast (Mike Tirico to be exact). One of the benefits of having the games taped ; )   

Since the freshmen on the current team are the one's who are going to return the program to its former greatness why not start supporting them NOW. 

Uggh... This is exactly why I said I wanted to play Cuse at CA not MSG. Well at least I will get to wear the shirt that I making, it says "Boheim Knew" on the "Syracuse Canada's Team" on the back

How about "Syracuse Ballboys - Bernie Fine's team" 

Damn I paid a bunch with a broker last week because it looked like the game was sold out 

Well said JerseyJohnny, I've never understood the whole "lets wait until we start winning & then we will go support them" I could understand fans not wanting to come out during the later years of the Norm Roberts era, but with a new coach last year and new young players that's no excuse. Especially when we play against a rival like Syracuse. Did anyone catch the good amount of orange in the stands tonight in Philly? If we don't come out for that game it will be beyond embarrassing. But not just that game, every game, lets support this team now!!

He's such a great coach that i believe he was the coach of the favored orangemen in a championship game they lost on a keith smart shot. he was pretty well criticized for his coaching that day.

Back