I can't wait until we get a full team

fan since 65

Watching the Marquette bench erupting I want to pound every one of these teams in the future. Knowing that we will takes some of the edge off but it's a pain right now. :angry:

I thought we would lose with Quette coming off two losses. Like I said on another thread, I think they are a top 4 team in the Big East, with a good mix of veterans (and a stud in Johnson-Odom plus a very good player in Crowder) and young talent. Harrison fouling out not only removed our only legit outside threat, but took away all of the layups we were able to get in the first half. 

Marquette got theirs last year when we beat them by 12 in their house. We are going to be enacting plenty of revenge in the next few years!!

I thought we would lose with Quette coming off two losses. Like I said on another thread, I think they are a top 4 team in the Big East, with a good mix of veterans (and a stud in Johnson-Odom plus a very good player in Crowder) and young talent. Harrison fouling out not only removed our only legit outside threat, but took away all of the layups we were able to get in the first half. 

Marquette got theirs last year when we beat them by 12 in their house. We are going to be enacting plenty of revenge in the next few years!!

Having only 6 legit players really hurt tonight...with a few more players I think we would have hung in that game until the end.

with only seven players, it was demoralizing to lose our best scorer. i think the rest of the team just watched marquette run their layup drills.

hopefully, it's a learning experience.

with only seven players, it was demoralizing to lose our best scorer. i think the rest of the team just watched marquette run their layup drills.

hopefully, it's a learning experience.

Harrison never conceded, even when he fouled out. That kid has sooo much fire... I love it. He will lead us places over the next few years. We just need a few more capable bodies than we had tonight.

He's not the only one with that fire. I see it in Pointer too... but he (and others) are still a little lost out there.

What make me happy is that the St.John's kids appear to like each other and enjoy playing at St. john's which is important since they know and talk to Gathers, Sampson and other recruits.

I also believe that the 1st half of the Marquette game showed that these rookies are learning to play competitive team ball and are a well coached team.

What St.John's needs is 3 more players and more muscle/ bulk.

the 1st half might have been the best half we played all year and the 2nd half the worst.

Nothing was worse than our 1-30 shooting in the Uconn game. We are a good team but didn't have the depth nor experience to win,especially with tired guys and could trouble to D'Angelo. Next year it will all change.

Going in we all knew we'd be short-handed and fouls and/or injuries would be a big problem. The only surprise is that this was really the first time all year that we had foul problems like this.

When Crowder got those quick two and then Odom picked up his second later in the half I thought this could be our night. The difference is that they knew how to play with fouls, we didn't. That's all about experience. 

Going in we all knew we'd be short-handed and fouls and/or injuries would be a big problem. The only surprise is that this was really the first time all year that we had foul problems like this.

When Crowder got those quick two and then Odom picked up his second later in the half I thought this could be our night. The difference is that they knew how to play with fouls, we didn't. That's all about experience. 

Thats why the 1 point lead was nothing. With all that foul trouble we needed to build a big lead. Eventually the fouls will even up, its the nature of the sport.

I really don't think fouls had much to do with the outcome. We came out in the second half with no intensity on defense and basically just let Marquette get wherever they wanted to go with little resistance. This after a first half in which I thought we played excellent defense. Anyway, not unexpected, Marquette is real good and we are playing in spurts as young teams do. Very impressed with the first half, we just don't have the horses yet. Also, Marquette did a very good job of tracking Harrison and limitiing his shots and we have no one right now to step up if he is quieted. To Harrison's credit he pretty much stayed within himself and didn't force. The least two fouls were legitimate opportunities in the flow of the game, just didn't work out for the good guys.  

Part of me wonders why Dunlap doesn't pull at least three starters out. especially Harkless, at the end of the blowouts. I know they are walk-ons, but there will be a lot of second guessing if someone comes up with a freak injury in garbage time. Must be something going on.

Back