Hoya Chop Suey

MCNPA

2023 $upporter
 http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/photos-of-georgetown-brawl-in-china/2011/08/18/gIQApHsVNJ_blog.html

There's something inherantly wrong about have games promoting brotherhood in sports, and peace, and then inviting a Big East team to play you. If the Chinese wanted a nice,friendly game with no physicality, they should have invited somebody from the Pac-12.

Just crazy.
I witnessed Ewing and his gang of thugs in some vicious games in the early 80s but these are meaningless exhibition games.
No need for this crap.  

But I don't see Gtown at fault here.

Just crazy.
I witnessed Ewing and his gang of thugs in some vicious games in the early 80s but these are meaningless exhibition games.
No need for this crap.  

Just crazy.
No need for this crap.  

Moose I did not say they were at Fault just that this crap should not be happening in meaningless exhibition games.

Just crazy.
No need for this crap.  

Moose I did not say they were at Fault just that this crap should not be happening in meaningless exhibition games.

Misunderstood. When you used the Ewing comparison I interpreted you calling out these Gtown players as well.

From things coming out today it sounds like this was a professional Chinese team who was having a tough go of it and I'm sure their pride was being tested and they supposedly have a history of being rough.

These Hoyas ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Had this happened in the early 80s under John Thompson, chairs would have been thrown back into the stands, the Chinese team would have been pummeled to a bloody mess, the fans would have trampled each other running hysterically for the exits and the swell of democracy would have overtaken the commies.

Remember: Nobody* messes with Michael Graham. 

*Except Kevin Williams.

Just crazy.
No need for this crap.  

Misunderstood. When you used the Ewing comparison I interpreted you calling out these Gtown players as well.

From things coming out today it sounds like this was a professional Chinese team who was having a tough go of it and I'm sure their pride was being tested and they supposedly have a history of being rough.

Sportscenter said that this was a Chinese Army team and that they had been involved in other physical games with Chinese teams.

They are scheduled for another game with each other in a different city and as of this morning the game was still on.

If I were JTIII, I'd get the heck outta Dodge. 

Wow, that video is crazy. It doesn't appear to be G'Town's fault at all. Looks like a normal little scuffle after a hard foul and then the Chinese players take it to the next level by throwing punches and chairs. It's a shame because people are going to read the headline and think the Georgetown players are just a bunch of punks.

The Georgetown players fought like pansies. I haven't seen that many chinese guys attack so quick since watching video on the military channel about the Korean war 

The Georgetown players fought like pansies. I haven't seen that many chinese guys attack so quick since watching video on the military channel about the Korean war 

How were they supposed to fight it was 12 vs an arena?

I heard on the news this morning, that the Chinese team had been fined tens of thousands of dollars for fighting over the past few years.

I agree, although I am not a Hoya fan, this wasn't their fault.

Michael Graham and his crew used Chris like a pin ball, that was different.

My question is: doesn't the NCAA prohibit practice until October, how are they playing a game in August? 

I agree, although I am not a Hoya fan, this wasn't their fault.

Michael Graham and his crew used Chris like a pin ball, that was different.

My question is: doesn't the NCAA prohibit practice until October, how are they playing a game in August? 

Teams that go on international exhibition trips are allowed to practice prior to the trip. 

From what I have heard the Chinese team is taking heat from their own countrymen as it is quite obvious that they were both the aggressors and the escalators. 

Back