Gonzalo - it looks like native son Javi Martinez is coming home to Bilbao

ohiofan

James 2:14:
Staff member
He was a great player for us in Munich and is greatly loved and appreciated by all.

[quote="OhioFan" post=397621]He was a great player for us in Munich and is greatly loved and appreciated by all.[/quote]

Yeah, a real team first guy. Although his last two years saw his playing time diminish because of injuries and other players moving ahead of him on the depth chart, he never complained and always represented Bayern well. Muchas gracias Javi, and much success on your return home.

Yes. I suppose that Athletic of Bilbao will make an offer (it won´t be free the transfer) and Javi Martinez will go back to Bilbao.

We need good players. And Javi Martinez would be helpful.

[quote="gonzalo" post=398418]Yes. I suppose that Athletic of Bilbao will make an offer (it won´t be free the transfer) and Javi Martinez will go back to Bilbao.

We need good players. And Javi Martinez would be helpful.[/quote]

He's listed as a reserve for today's match against Schalke,

He's on his way.:)

Oops, despite an earlier report< Javi traveled with the club to Budapest for the Supercup. Still think he'll be at Bilbao very soon.

Last edited:
What a way to say goodbye to your FCB career! Javi comes in as a late sub and scores the winning goal on a header as Bayern beat Sevilla 2-1 in OT in the Super Cup.

The post match celebration by Javi was a little restrained as I think he knew this was probably his last appearance for Bayern. But then Lewa grabbed Javi by the arm, gave him the cup and had him hoist it in front of the fans that had come to Budapest. Javi had his big smile as he waved to the fans.

Enjoy him in Bilbao, he's a class act..

Last edited:
Latest reports indicate that Javi may wind up staying at Bayern this season. Flick seems to want his depth as a holding midfielder or, in an emergency, as a central defender.

This has been a crazy late transfer window so who knows what might yet happen.

[quote="Moose" post=399253]:whistle:[/quote]

Hey, did you see where Arsenal fired their mascot, Gunnersaurus?:eek:hmy: Bayern were going to hire him or their Bundesliga III team but decided he wasn't good enough.:whistle:

[quote="Section9" post=399276][quote="Moose" post=399253]:whistle:[/quote]

Hey, did you see where Arsenal fired their mascot, Gunnersaurus?:eek:hmy: Bayern were going to hire him or their Bundesliga III team but decided he wasn't good enough.:whistle:[/quote]

They fired the man in the costume. The costume will still exist. They needed to find a job for Ozil to do.

[quote="Moose" post=399279][quote="Section9" post=399276][quote="Moose" post=399253]:whistle:[/quote]

Hey, did you see where Arsenal fired their mascot, Gunnersaurus?:eek:hmy: Bayern were going to hire him or their Bundesliga III team but decided he wasn't good enough.:whistle:[/quote]

They fired the man in the costume. The costume will still exist. They needed to find a job for Ozil to do.[/quote

:lol: :lol: :lol: I nominate this for post of the year. It's too bad that 95% of the people who read the board don't have a clue about what you said.;) :) :)

Last edited:
And the irony is now that Ozil has offered to pay the man's salary to keep him.

The same player who was the ONLY player who refused a payout earlier in the pandemic. Ozil is a jerk and those blind cult like fans who follow him are the worst. If he tried half as hard on the pitch as his PR game he'd still be world class.

[quote="Moose" post=399282]And the irony is now that Ozil has offered to pay the man's salary to keep him.

The same player who was the ONLY player who refused a payout earlier in the pandemic. Ozil is a jerk and those blind cult like fans who follow him are the worst. If he tried half as hard on the pitch as his PR game he'd still be world class.[/quote]

So, to quote our friend Ohio Fan, I guess you think Ozil's a stiff.:)

[quote="OhioFan" post=399292]I was just getting ready to add that again.[/quote]

Finally we agree on something!

Back