Fundraising For Lacrosse Locker Rooms / Homecoming Weekend (October 22-24)

jerseyshorejohnny

Dear Fellow Johnnies, I'm happy to report that we are in the middle of what most of you would remember to be a "NORMAL" fall season. Full practices, lifting four times a week, in person classes, scrimmages coming up on October 16 and an Alumni Game on October 24. It feels good to be back!   The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly been an eye opener on many different levels. From a St. John's lacrosse perspective, playing everyone in the BIG EAST twice exposed a gap, that quite frankly, no one here likes. Last year, both Georgetown and Denver finished in the nation’s Top 10, with Villanova just on the outside looking in. We played the fifth hardest schedule in Division I. The message was very clear that if we want to continue to compete in this conference, the scope of the program needs to be elevated.    With the backing of Athletic Director Mike Cragg, and the rest of the St. John’s University community, I’m excited to email you today about our Lacrosse Locker Room Special Project. In conjunction with Homecoming Weekend (October 22-24), we have set a goal to raise $100,000 before Thanksgiving, in order to upgrade our locker rooms IMMEDIATELY. We are asking our players to compete in the most competitive lacrosse conference in the country. To have a chance, our lacrosse facilities MUST be comparable. Unfortunately, right now, they are not.  Our locker room special project is the first in a series of strategic priorities to make St. John's Lacrosse facilities equal to or better than our BIG EAST counterparts. I'd like to ask for your help. Your generosity will allow us to move on this project immediately, instead of waiting for another budget cycle and the possibility of delays in the wake of the pandemic. Giving is extremely easy. CLICK HERE. In the coming weeks, you will be hearing from me, and fellow alumni, parents, our players, as well as our Athletic Development Office to request your support. Gifts can be in the form of cash, checks, credit cards, and commitments can be paid outright or over a two-year period.  Please reach out to me directly if you have any questions.  I look forward to speaking with you more about this at the Alumni Game/"Meet the Team" event on Sunday, October 24. I know we can get this done! Thank you as always for your support of St. John's Lacrosse!       Yours truly, Jason MillerHead Lacrosse CoachSt. John's University718-990-5599millerj1@stjohns.edu

Back