Francesa and Mushnick / Sunday's NY Post

I'm not Mike's biggest fan particularly after he stiffed St. John's on the scholarship he promised, but the Josef Goebbels reference was way over the top.  

I'm not Mike's biggest fan particularly after he stiffed St. John's on the scholarship he promised, but the Josef Goebbels reference was way over the top.  

I have a much bigger problem later on down in the article, when he accusaes the Seton Hall basketball team of academic fraud based simply on their schedule, with no basis in reality.

Not that I can disaree with Mushnicks assessment of Francesa's sports acumen - he's a pompous blowhard. But to use Francesa's critique of Ryan Braun's ability as example of his anti-semitism,, and to go off on a ten year old charge is way over the top. 

raisman and mushnick were given an on-air show and they totally bit. that may account for much of the bitterness.

it's easy to criticize something you can't do... 

Still the single most hilarious example of Mike speaking both authoritatively and foolishly when assessing someone's ability happened when he called Dwayne Wade a "college small forward" who would not have a long NBA career. As for Mushnick the Goebbles reference is just another example of a columnist or commentator using a horrendous example of bigotry to comment on what might, and I emphasize might, be a small one. It desensitizes people and makes people turn a blind eye and deaf ear to examples of real prejudice. Maybe, for decidedly different reasons it's time to put both those guys out to pasture

Personally, listening to a father calling him saying how his 14 year old step son had abused his younger half sibling. Francesa sounded like a moron, and kept sayin "I can't believe it. I've never heard anything like this in my life." He was trying to offer serious interview, and he came off as a total fool. 

Back