FC Bayern win 7th consecutive Bundesliga title as Ribery/Robben/Rafina "retire"

From top to bottom the best football in Europe is played in Germany. Watched the game with a Bavarian neighbor and his family which made it a special experience!:)

[quote="Class of 72" post=349575]From top to bottom the best football in Europe is played in Germany. Watched the game with a Bavarian neighbor and his family which made it a special experience!:)[/quote]

Cool! I hope he helped you with you Boarischer dialect.

That was a storybook ending for Robbery, too bad Goretzka had to subbed off and Rafinha couldn't make a cameo.
Now it's on to the Pokal on Saturday.

This wasn't a great season by FCB's usual standards but they came back from 9 pts. down and made a statement by demolishing Dortmund 5-0.

There are still some questions:

What happens to Kovac. He hasn't exactly been given any endorsements by the higher ups. I think there are too many "names" out there. I think he's a goner.

What happens to Boateng? Think he's toast as well.

Hummels probably played himself back into the picture over the last two months or so.

Think James is a goner.

Who else do we get over the next two months? Pepe, Sane, Werner, Havertz, Van der Beek, or some dark horse?

This is going to be a very different Bayern next year with the new players, Coco coming back and Gnabry and Coman developing and hopefully staying injury free.

And this would have been heresy two years ago, but what's going to happen with Manu? Do we go for a young rising player or keep Ulreich as the back-up.

[quote="Class of 72" post=349575]From top to bottom the best football in Europe is played in Germany. Watched the game with a Bavarian neighbor and his family which made it a special experience!:)[/quote]

Not this year, EPL was superior, and don't think it was close.

[quote="Section9" post=349649]That was a storybook ending for Robbery, too bad Goretzka had to subbed off and Rafinha couldn't make a cameo.
Now it's on to the Pokal on Saturday.

This wasn't a great season by FCB's usual standards but they came back from 9 pts. down and made a statement by demolishing Dortmund 5-0.

There are still some questions:

What happens to Kovac. He hasn't exactly been given any endorsements by the higher ups. I think there are too many "names" out there. I think he's a goner.

What happens to Boateng? Think he's toast as well.

Hummels probably played himself back into the picture over the last two months or so.

Think James is a goner.

Who else do we get over the next two months? Pepe, Sane, Werner, Havertz, Van der Beek, or some dark horse?

This is going to be a very different Bayern next year with the new players, Coco coming back and Gnabry and Coman developing and hopefully staying injury free.

And this would have been heresy two years ago, but what's going to happen with Manu? Do we go for a young rising player or keep Ulreich as the back-up.[/quote]

Last question first. We already have a young rising star playing for FCB II in the Bayernliga. He is not getting any first team minutes and I don't expect him to do so next year. Why would another rising star want to sit? Wait another year or two and then we will see.

Boateng wanted to leave last year and he will definitely be in the EPL or Italy next year.

With the re-tooling of defenders who can play LB or RB and Center there is still a place for Hummels. I expect him to stay.

One more big attacker signing, no more than 80M Euros according to Uli, and we will be done.

Regarding James, expect us to exercise his option then sell him elsewhere to make a profit.

If we win the Pokal, I expect Kovac to stay. If not "Raus Kovac".

[quote="Section9" post=349650][quote="Class of 72" post=349575]From top to bottom the best football in Europe is played in Germany. Watched the game with a Bavarian neighbor and his family which made it a special experience!:)[/quote]

Not this year, EPL was superior, and don't think it was close.[/quote]

Wait until Brexit! German football stadiums are next to none. EPL has a bigger global following because of the colonies" but La Liga, Serie A along with EPL are all great leagues.

[quote="OhioFan" post=349798]90 Minute link evaluating current FCB players:

[URL]https://www.90min.com/posts/63...h-players-to-keep-sell-this-summer?utm_source[/URL]=fotmob&utm_medium=share[/quote]

He doesn't evaluate Hernandez or Pavard, both of whom will have a huge impact on defense next year. Bayern can't/won't keep all of Sule, Hummels and Boateng. Sule's a lock and Mats played well down the stretch so I think Jerome leaves.

He also didn't mention Arp who's coming in July, although if he couldn't crack Hamburg's 18 he won't crack FCB's. He's either going to have a loan year or play on the second team.

[quote="Section9" post=349812][quote="OhioFan" post=349798]90 Minute link evaluating current FCB players:

[URL]https://www.90min.com/posts/63...h-players-to-keep-sell-this-summer?utm_source[/URL]=fotmob&utm_medium=share[/quote]

He doesn't evaluate Hernandez or Pavard, both of whom will have a huge impact on defense next year. Bayern can't/won't keep all of Sule, Hummels and Boateng. Sule's a lock and Mats played well down the stretch so I think Jerome leaves.

He also didn't mention Arp who's coming in July, although if he couldn't crack Hamburg's 18 he won't crack FCB's. He's either going to have a loan year or play on the second team.[/quote]

I agree Teng is gone. Arp and Davies will look good on FCB II playing in the 3.Bundesliga, if they can beat Wolfsburg II tomorrow.

Back