Daniss Jenkins

College basketball is lucky the NBA exists. Because otherwise it would be the most unwatchable sport out there.
I mostly agree with you but have been coming around on NBA in recent years. Also helps that the Knicks have a likeable team for the first time since Bernard King was playing.

So maybe we really do intend to replace Jenkins instead of going in a different direction. Kriisa would certainly represent that - he is basically a better offensive version of Jenkins only with more turnovers and less defense.

This I don’t see.

Krissa for his career takes 1.7 2pt shots a game and 6.5 3pt shots a game.

Jenkins takes 7.7 2s and 3.5 3s (4.8 last year)

I don’t see the similarities at all tbh.

This I don’t see.

Krissa for his career takes 1.7 2pt shots a game and 6.5 3pt shots a game.

Jenkins takes 7.7 2s and 3.5 3s (4.8 last year)

I don’t see the similarities at all tbh.
Not in terms of play style, but in terms of being a player who will be expected to produce offense as opposed to being a distributor. You don't bring in Kriisa because you want a high D, low turnover player who will shoot/score enough to keep the D honest. You bring him in to produce points, which is what Jenkins was asked to do last year.

I think Kriisa would be more efficient point producer than Jenkins - but a worse defender and decision-maker.

Not in terms of play style, but in terms of being a player who will be expected to produce offense as opposed to being a distributor. You don't bring in Kriisa because you want a high D, low turnover player who will shoot/score enough to keep the D honest. You bring him in to produce points, which is what Jenkins was asked to do last year.

I think Kriisa would be more efficient point producer than Jenkins - but a worse defender and decision-maker.
I think Kriisa will distribute a lot more and can play off the ball more effectively than Jenkins. It'll be less about points and more about spacing the floor. If anything, I think it necessitates adding another scorer. His career high in ppg is 11.

But the trade off is I expect more boneheaded passes/turnovers from him, instead of the routine boneheaded shots from Jenkins.

Puzzled at first but based on SJU79 really liking Kriisa, some video and most importantly talking to my mortal enemy Moose (who hung up on me), I officially want the “K Man”

Puzzled at first but based on SJU79 really liking Kriisa, some video and most importantly talking to my mortal enemy Moose (who hung up on me), I officially want the “K Man”

Watching videos like this convince me Maher and Eric are secretly scheming with Matt A to boost future page counts on red.fans by getting the most controversial player out there.

I think Kriisa will distribute a lot more and can play off the ball more effectively than Jenkins. It'll be less about points and more about spacing the floor. If anything, I think it necessitates adding another scorer. His career high in ppg is 11.

But the trade off is I expect more boneheaded passes/turnovers from him, instead of the routine boneheaded shots from Jenkins.
Think he’s most similar to Ashworth amongst BE guards.

He took 2.2 2’s and 6.5 3s. He also averaged 4 assists but played alongside 2 others who averaged 4 assists as well. The TO rate is miles better than Kerr tho.

I’m not sure I see him distributing a lot more than Dannis. When did we last have a guard average 6 assists? If you mean get rid of the ball more often and quicker, then agreed.

At least he took your call before he hung up on you. He doesn't even take my calls - I go straight to voicemail...

Watching videos like this convince me Maher and Eric are secretly scheming with Matt A to boost future page counts on red.fans by getting the most controversial player out there.

Let's see him try that with Breeding.

Also the coat or whatever the hell that thing is is disqualifying all by itself

Think he’s most similar to Ashworth amongst BE guards.

He took 2.2 2’s and 6.5 3s. He also averaged 4 assists but played alongside 2 others who averaged 4 assists as well. The TO rate is miles better than Kerr tho.

I’m not sure I see him distributing a lot more than Dannis. When did we last have a guard average 6 assists? If you mean get rid of the ball more often and quicker, then agreed.
Yeah that's what I meant. I don't think we're going to see the type of "hero ball" stuff like with Jenkins when he has the ball in his hands for 10-15 seconds. I think Kriisa will be looking to distribute right away and/or waiting on the perimeter for a quick shot. I'm very curious who the other guard is we're adding, if we do. Because right now, Luis is the guy we'd be relying on for buckets. I love Luis but I don't want him to be the guy on paper heading into next year.

Back