Concacaf

Another USAMNT underachievement as they flame out in the semis against Panama in a PK shootout. :(
While it was a major disappointment, this was their B/C team.

Its main team just won the CONCACAF Nations League convincingly. Now the majority of those players are in training with their European teams.

Hey, by the way, today is no day to bring up bad sports news. We are having too much fun on the main forum. 😀

While it was a major disappointment, this was their B/C team.

Its main team just won the CONCACAF Nations League convincingly. Now the majority of those players are in training with their European teams.

Hey, by the way, today is no day to bring up bad sports news. We are having too much fun on the main forum. 😀
I know that most of the big boys were not there, but Panama's team is not exactly rife with European team quality players.

I can multitask and juggle great SJU news and USMNT disappointment. ;)

I know that most of the big boys were not there, but Panama's team is not exactly rife with European team quality players.

I can multitask and juggle great SJU news and USMNT disappointment. ;)
Ha! I know they should not lose to Panama, but with the Nations League getting precedence for the region, the US will be using the Gold Cup to search for quality depth.

Unfortunately, the only guys who had moments in the tournament were Ferreira, Busio, Cowell, and maybe Sands.

As the depth improves, so will future Gold Cup results.

Ha! I know they should not lose to Panama, but with the Nations League getting precedence for the region, the US will be using the Gold Cup to search for quality depth.

Unfortunately, the only guys who had moments in the tournament were Ferreira, Busio, Cowell, and maybe Sands.

As the depth improves, so will future Gold Cup results.

The Nations League A team featured 1 non goalie over the age of 26 (Walker Zimmerman) so the team is still very well positioned for the short-medium term future. With Balogun and Ferreira starting to show quality up front (the missing piece) they're in good shape.

The Nations League A team featured 1 non goalie over the age of 26 (Walker Zimmerman) so the team is still very well positioned for the short-medium term future. With Balogun and Ferreira starting to show quality up front (the missing piece) they're in good shape.
Now if the USSF would stop its hiring within the family and hire a quality coach.

Berhalter is horrible.

Tyler Adams just scored the nicest goal I’ve ever seen an American player score in an International match. Holy crap did he hit that as clean as possible.

Yeah, Gio Reyna’s wasn’t bad either. ;)

Not even Berhalter can screw them up.
Ha! Berhalter is one of the worst coaches of any national team. Never doubt his ability to screw things up.

If only the USSF took seriously to hiring a coach instead of rehiring a joke like Berhalter. He is the weak link if the program.

The US has players now who play on some of the most prestigious European teams in world. They deserve a coach of equal value.

Anyway, it is always wonderful to beat Mexico, who have the most disgusting fans in all of sports.

Ha! Berhalter is one of the worst coaches of any national team. Never doubt his ability to screw things up.

If only the USSF took seriously to hiring a coach instead of rehiring a joke like Berhalter. He is the weak link if the program.

The US has players now who play on some of the most prestigious European teams in world. They deserve a coach of equal value.

Anyway, it is always wonderful to beat Mexico, who have the most disgusting fans in all of sports.
Hence the last 5 minutes of the match regarding their supporters. The throwing of the bottles is disgusting too.

I only have to go back to Thursday’s match vs Jamaica to point out Berhalter’s shortcomings. Callaghan is a better manager. They have the best talent they’ve ever had in my lifetime. Young too. Their centerbacks, eh. Rest of their XI plus some of their subs are superb. You have a dipshit managing them though and that scares me.

Dos a cero. Love that though.

Hence the last 5 minutes of the match regarding their supporters. The throwing of the bottles is disgusting too.

I only have to go back to Thursday’s match vs Jamaica to point out Berhalter’s shortcomings. Callaghan is a better manager. They have the best talent they’ve ever had in my lifetime. Young too. Their centerbacks, eh. Rest of their XI plus some of their subs are superb. You have a dipshit managing them though and that scares me.

Dos a cero. Love that though.
When Berhalter was, well, not sure what he was, following the embarrassing incident with Reyna, the USSF had an opportunity to make a bold statement.

They had the money to be offer a high end coach a competitive salary, a talented pool of players, WC hosts, and without the daily pressure that many other national team coaches face.

But the old boys/girls network did not even pretend to try. They shamelessly claimed after an exhaustive search, Berhalter was the best option.

Any good coach who may have been interested, knew the USSF was not serious and was not going to make overtures. Horrible.

This team better make it out of the group stage and win a game in the knockout stage. It is by no means perfect, but good enough to at least do that.

A better coach would have the US fanbase dreaming even more.

Am I the only one who clicked on this thinking Concacaf was a mid-major stud and the latest portal guy visiting?

Back