Comments From Zach B. / N.Y. Post

jerseyshorejohnny

Joel Soriano is a great story, the kind of kid who is easy to root for. He took his benching the right way last year by working harder.

He really grinned this summer. He deserves this.

I wouldn't take too much out of these buy games, good or bad. So while yesterday's performance was uneven, the intensity clearly wasn't there sand neither was the focus.

All teams plays them (buy games) so I get it, but St. John's has a too few many of them

The Johnnies have a non-conference strength of schedule of 326

I've seen a lot on social media criticizing Mike Anderson for playing Montez Mathis and Dylan Addae-Wusu such big minutes.

I don't get it. Posh Alexander and Rafael Pinzon were out.

The 2 freshman, Kolby King and A.J. Storr, both saw time and both struggled on on the defensive end

They were the only two St. John's players with minus ratings.

I (Zach) had zero issue with the playing time distribution

Joel Soriano is a great story, the kind of kid who is easy to root for. He took his benching the right way last year by working harder.

He really grinned this summer. He deserves this.

I wouldn't take too much out of these buy games, good or bad. So while yesterday's performance was uneven, the intensity clearly wasn't there sand neither was the focus.

All teams plays them (buy games) so I get it, but St. John's has a too few many of them

The Johnnies have a non-conference strength of schedule of 326

I've seen a lot on social media criticizing Mike Anderson for playing Montez Mathis and Dylan Addae-Wusu such big minutes.

I don't get it. Posh Alexander and Rafael Pinzon were out.

The 2 freshman, Kolby King and A.J. Storr, both saw time and both struggled on on the defensive end

They were the only two St. John's players with minus ratings.

I (Zach) had zero issue with the playing time distribution
Giving extended minutes to Wusu, Storr, Stanley, King, Pinzon (when healthy) and even someone like Mathis makes all the sense in the world for these games.

I think Anderson has distributed minutes and rotations better than he has in previous seasons. I think he has been a little tighter with rotations (although maybe that is my perception) in closer games and utilized minutes in less competitive wisely.

Generally, I love where the program is at from a roster perspective and the kids he has brought in are easy to root for. I think Anderson should be complimented for the current stability of the program.

I think Anderson has distributed minutes and rotations better than he has in previous seasons. I think he has been a little tighter with rotations (although maybe that is my perception) in closer games and utilized minutes in less competitive wisely.

Generally, I love where the program is at from a roster perspective and the kids he has brought in are easy to root for. I think Anderson should be complimented for the current stability of the program.
He certainly tightened the rotation for Syracuse. And he was right to do so.

The minutes tightened bc he finally thinks he had the horses to compete. Past 2 years we saw some mixing and matching

This is right, and exactly why we needed him. We need to string together a bunch of winning seasons and some NCAA berths with a few Ws. That's what he offers and where we are positioned for. We were one of the five unluckiest teams in all basketball last year per Ken Pom that's what kept us from the tourney

Back