Chelsea win it

Section9

On paper MC have the better team and in the PL they dominated, but over the last six weeks Chelsea beat them three times.  A bunch of Bundesliga refugees made the difference with Kai netting the goal and Teuchel turning around things.  

Hope deBruyner's OK he took a nasty knock from a head to mask collision with Rudiger.

Man C. for all their $s and stars and brilliant coach played most of the game without a recognized striker and Pep is taking heat for starting neither Fernandinho nor Rodri in midfield.   'Twasn't a great game but I thought the Chelsea goal was very good and Pulisic coulda-shoulda made it two.  Kante and Azpilicueta were great; but Mahrez and Gundogan were way too quiet.  The body-check by Rudiger on De Bruyne was borderline red.  Apparently Tuchel is getting a new contract.  The CBS pre-game / halftime / post game coverage was atrocious.  Absolutely dire.

TX Redman post=434510 said:
Man C. for all their $s and stars and brilliant coach played most of the game without a recognized striker and Pep is taking heat for starting neither Fernandinho nor Rodri in midfield.   'Twasn't a great game but I thought the Chelsea goal was very good and Pulisic coulda-shoulda made it two.  Kante and Azpilicueta were great; but Mahrez and Gundogan were way too quiet.  The body-check by Rudiger on De Bruyne was borderline red.  Apparently Tuchel is getting a new contract.  The CBS pre-game / halftime / post game coverage was atrocious.  Absolutely dire.

I don't understand how International Football/Soccer works very well. Will Pulisic get to start regularly at Chelsea or are they going to move him? I know he has injury problems at times but he seems to be too good and in the prime of his career to not start regularly. 

Last edited:
Andrew post=434530 said:

I don't under how International Football/Soccer works very well. Will Pulisic get to start regularly at Chelsea or are they going to move him? I know he has injury problems at times but he seems to be too good and in the prime of his career to not start regularly. 

The most surprising thing about Pulisic is that Tuchel was his manager in Dortmund and by all signs they were both thriving together there.  However when Tuchel arrived at Chelsea he has had scattered PT.  Yes he seems to get hurt A LOT so that has to be a major factor.  But even when healthy he seems to fall behind others including Tuchel's countrymen like Werner and Havertz.

The issue with Pulisic moving is this summer is likely going to see depressed market because of Covid.  Teams won't have a lot of dollars to throw around.  That being said all it takes is a massive player like Mbappe or Ronaldo to make a move and then the dollars start flowing down.

I'm not a Chelsea fan so no dog in the fight but I don't think there is anything wrong with being a super sub.  Let's see if he has a big summer for the USMNT and maybe it swings the market.

Last edited:
Moose post=434547 said:
Andrew post=434530 said:

I don't under how International Football/Soccer works very well. Will Pulisic get to start regularly at Chelsea or are they going to move him? I know he has injury problems at times but he seems to be too good and in the prime of his career to not start regularly. 

The most surprising thing about Pulisic is that Tuchel was his manager in Dortmund and by all signs they were both thriving together there.  However when Tuchel arrived at Chelsea he has had scattered PT.  Yes he seems to get hurt A LOT so that has to be a major factor.  But even when healthy he seems to fall behind others including Tuchel's countrymen like Werner and Havertz.

The issue with Pulisic moving is this summer is likely going to see depressed market because of Covid.  Teams won't have a lot of dollars to throw around.  That being said all it takes is a massive player like Mbappe or Ronaldo to make a move and then the dollars start flowing down.

I'm not a Chelsea fan so no dog in the fight but I don't think there is anything wrong with being a super sub.  Let's see if he has a big summer for the USMNT and maybe it swings the market.

Based on their timid outing against the Swiss, Pulisic can't get there fast enough.

DeBruyner's injury is a fractured nose and orbital bone.  Ouch, his participation in the Euros is in question.  Hope he had a good recovery.

Back