Champions League

Section9

Barca was very impressive carving up Celtic 7-0. Messi with the hat trick, but Suarez' first goal was a peach. As usual, the passing among the front line was fantastic. Looks like Neymar went to Messi's hairdresser. :eek:hmy:

Bayern with a very workmanlike performance against Rostov. They better sign Kimmich to a long term deal.

Higuain, who? Milik with two goals for Napoli.

Arsenal secured a late tie against PSG for the away point.

couldn't these soccer threads go on another forum? its bad enough that its hard to keep track of recruits since they're in separate forums, so why cant we move the soccer threads out too?

couldn't these soccer threads go on another forum? its bad enough that its hard to keep track of recruits since they're in separate forums, so why cant we move the soccer threads out too?

It's easy, don't open a thread unless you're interested. I could care less about the Mets, (Yankee fan), so I just ignore those threads.

It's easy, don't open a thread unless you're interested. I could care less about the Mets, (Yankee fan), so I just ignore those threads.

I agree with storm tracker the forums are indexed for reason. There is a dedicated soccer forum on the index, and that is where these should be placed. It's not inconceivable that people could confuse the champions league with the Big East and mistakenly waste their time opening this thread. Mods please move to soccer forum.

Barca was very impressive carving up Celtic 7-0. Messi with the hat trick, but Suarez' first goal was a peach. As usual, the passing among the front line was fantastic. Looks like Neymar went to Messi's hairdresser. :eek:hmy:

Bayern with a very workmanlike performance against Rostov. They better sign Kimmich to a long term deal.

Higuain, who? Milik with two goals for Napoli.

Arsenal secured a late tie against PSG for the away point.
Met 2 people here in ecuador yesterday who live right outside Munich and holy crap they know soccer like you guys. They are monster Bayern fans. They said rooting for them is like a religion. The guys girlfriend is even crazier than him about them

On a separate note slightly off topic but last week we were deep in the boondocks of southern Peru when they played ecuador in the world cup qualifiers and I think literally every person in the town we were in was watching the game. It was mayhem when they won because they usually suck so much

Funny thing is when we arrive in ecuador our cab driver jokingly tells Nathalie that he should make us get out of the car because he was still so angry over the loss

I agree with storm tracker the forums are indexed for reason. There is a dedicated soccer forum on the index, and that is where these should be placed. It's not inconceivable that people could confuse the champions league with the Big East and mistakenly waste their time opening this thread. Mods please move to soccer forum.

There is nothing I'd rather see happen than people associate "champions league" with the BE. But when has that terminology ever been used with college bball?

Wait, you mean to say that this thread isn't about the old Manhattan center Billy Campion starting his own basketball league????

Wait, you mean to say that this thread isn't about the old Manhattan center Billy Campion starting his own basketball league????

Funny I grew up with Billy in the Bronx. He was part of younger crowd & we used to shove him all over the court, until one day he realized he could take it to the old guys.

Funny I grew up with Billy in the Bronx. He was part of younger crowd & we used to shove him all over the court, until one day he realized he could take it to the old guys.
Recall that Manhatten had a good year when Campion, George Bucci and others were juniors and they were predicting great things for them as seniors. Alas, they had a very mediocre, underachieving season. After those years they were tough with center Steve Grant and forward Tom Lockhart.

I thought you might know him. Guessing he figured he could take it to the older guys right around the time that he grew to 6"8-6'9"? :)

Back