Bundesliga 16-17

Section9

Bayern pulverized Bremen 6-0 to start their title defense under Carlo. Hat trick for Lewa, it could have been 8 as Lewa and Meuller both hit the post. Bremen looked terrible from the get go although they were without their two top strikers, but their defense was clueless and they put very little pressure on Bayern.

Schalke in two weeks.

Always the contrarian, I am going waaaaaay out on a limb here and projecting that little known team in red from Munich (the one not formed in 1860) might just sneak over the line and win the Bundesliga. I know it sounds crazy, but it could happen.

I renew my allegiance to Wolfsburg, diesel scandal be damned.

Always the contrarian, I am going waaaaaay out on a limb here and projecting that little known team in red from Munich (the one not formed in 1860) might just sneak over the line and win the Bundesliga. I know it sounds crazy, but it could happen.

GTI man? :) ;)

Just my 2 cents here since I am a big football fan but I have cousins that emigrated to Germany over 40 years ago who live near Koln and they have been life long Broussia Dortmund fans. Although Bayern is the best and most visible club outside of Germany I know that Dortmund is an annual threat to their dominance every year. My cousins make the 1 hour drive north to Dortmund a ritual and the pictures they post on Instagram show a spectacular stadium with incredible fans. That said, I am more of a Serie A fan in Europe for personal reasons but we now have a world class league here in the United States that is ranked 10th in the world. That is an incredible accomplishment! We are finally ranked ahead of football leagues in Russia, Mexico, Colombia, China and are ranked 10th right behind none other than Brazil!

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/ranking-best-league-in-the-world/

Bayern wasn't at their best today at Schalke but Lewa scored in the 81st minute and Kimmich followed with his first Bundesliga goal in extra time for a 2-0 win.

Back