Brooklyn Old-Timers Basketball Dinner / Friday, May 3rd / Felipe Lopez Among Honorees / SIRICO's

I've been to a few of these dinners and enjoyed them. Food's not bad at siricco's either. Glad to see Dennis McDermott still involved in the dinner. Great guy. Just ran in to him down in Carroll Gardens where he has moved after retiring from St. Francis. He's a great guy (and was a heck of a ballplayer) so if you go try to chat with him.

I've been to a few of these dinners and enjoyed them. Food's not bad at siricco's either. Glad to see Dennis McDermott still involved in the dinner. Great guy. Just ran in to him down in Carroll Gardens where he has moved after retiring from St. Francis. He's a great guy (and was a heck of a ballplayer) so if you go try to chat with him.
Seem to remember correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he play for us in the early to mid seventies (while I was in school)?

Seem to remember correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he play for us in the early to mid seventies (while I was in school)?
Nope--Dennis was all time leading scorer at St Francis College back in the non frosh/pre 3point era and now is their 3rd leading scorer.

We did have a 6’7 forward named McDermott though I’m pretty sure.
per the media guide on the All Time Roster there is only one McDermott (andrew) who played in 1920. Dennis is Brooklyn all the way; attended St. Francis Prep when it was still in Brooklyn and then the College.

We did have a 6’7 forward named McDermott though I’m pretty sure.
Maybe you are thinking of Dennis McIntyre, who played 2 seasons for the Redmen. (1972-74)
He followed the footsteps of his two older brothers, Kenny and Bobby.

Maybe you are thinking of Dennis McIntyre, who played 2 seasons for the Redmen. (1972-74)
He followed the footsteps of his two older brothers, Kenny and Bobby.
No but thanks. We had no height back then but he hardly played at all.

Back