Bracketology

MakingPlays

Lunardi updated his bracket yesterday (Was updated in the morning before last nights games). He has 6 BE teams in the field.

Seton Hall - 12 Seed (Last 4 in)
St. John's - 10 Seed
Villanova - 9 Seed
Xavier - 7 Seed
UConn - 6 Seed
Creighton - 4 Seed

Obviously it's extremally early in the season, so like any power rankings or polls this really isn't that important right now, it's just more of a source for fans to see if their team would be a tournament team if season ended today. After last night I would assume Johnnies would possibly move up a line to a 9 seed and get a few votes in the AP/coaches poll.

ACC PAC 12 struggling mightily as well. Gotta find 68 teams. Would think 5 is best bet.

Yep, 5-6 projected right now is accurate. Seton Hall is among the last 4 in, they only have 1 loss against a good Iowa team (Kenpom #15).

Nova, I don't agree is a tournament team if the tournament started today, I'm assuming Lunardi is projecting the committee is going to cut them some slack for some early losses since they are missing a couple of key pieces.

Let's see where the money is. Updated Big East regular season champion odds from FanDuel:

Creighton +155
Villanova +290
Yukon +400
Xavier +550
Seton Hall +2300
St John's +2300
Marquette +3500
Providence +3600
Butler +4000
Georgetown +10000
DePaul +10000

Creighton is also +2000 to win the National Championship and +440 to make the final 4

Creignton getting a lesson in trying to handle big inside opponents by Arizona. The Az center has over 30.
2 minutes left , Creighton down 7

Big East with lots of chances to improve its ranking this week in all the Big East - Big 12 matchups starting tonight with Baylor at Marquette. A bad week here will go a long way towards diminishing their chances of having more than 4 teams dancing.

Forgive me for not getting excited about Bracketology. Since Lunardi introduced ESPN to his creation in 2002, we’ve made the dance four times. We’ve seen leap years more often than Greg Gumbel calling out our beloved school on Selection Sunday. Let’s hope we hear St.John’s this coming March.

Back