Big man development question

buckethead

I quit coaching basketball a number of years ago, mostly because I hate the politics that go along with it. As a coach, being the short man that I am, I was much better at developing 1,2,and 3 positions than big men. We have a young lady in middle school now and she needs help with her feet. She has great hands and a decent shot but if she has to move her feet all of that goes to pot. If she ever develops a drop step and the ability to position her feet to properly box out she will be a real pain for the competition and a nice compliment to the current PG who has uncanny like court vision for a 13 year old, but nobody who can handle her pass AND finish with it.

Anyway my point is i have been on line looking for things to help her and there are a kazillion ideas. Does anyone work a lot with post players and could suggest somewhere that the methods are proven to be helpful? This is a terrific young kid but she gets frustrated easily because she has to work so hard to do what others sometimes are able to do naturally. I would hate for her to work all off-season (which she will) and get nothing out of the time spent working on her skills.
Thanks
Buckethead

Back