Big East Rookie of the Year

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/02/20/harkless-harrison-battling-for-big-east-rookie-honors/#more-67854

My vote goes to Harrison. For the most part this guy has shown he can score night in and night out. Overall I think Harkless will be the better NBA player but he still has some work to do and has to show up each day like he did at Duke. I was at that game and boy did he look special that day, particularly in the second half. Harkless has shown flashes of brilliance but at times he goes unnoticed and ice cold from the floor. Love both of these guys hearts though. So glad they are prt of STJ!

I wouldn't mind seeing them split the award. Moe's rebounding numbers, as well as the fact that he is playing the 5 against much bigger guys, also has to be taken into consideration.

I wouldn't mind seeing them split the award. Moe's rebounding numbers, as well as the fact that he is playing the 5 against much bigger guys, also has to be taken into consideration.

Just because Moe is 6'8 does not mean he is playing the 5. He spends a lot of time out on the wing 20 feet from the basket.

Just because Moe is 6'8 does not mean he is playing the 5. He spends a lot of time out on the wing 20 feet from the basket.

Tell that to the Wear bros.

When Gift is not in the game, Moe plays the 5. He drifts out when the offense is spread out but he is also in the post. On D he is guarding the other team's center much for of the game.

Tell that to the Wear bros.

The Wear brothers are two 6'10 forwards. If Smith lost 50 lbs and was in shape he would be the 5 and one of the top 5's in college ball but the kid lives on the dining hall line.

Semi tongue in cheek: Josh Smith should consider transferring to St. John's. He could sit out the year and work out with our strength and conditioning coach, as well as get an attitude adjustment from Dunlap and Keady. What a waste of talent.

Semi tongue in cheek: Josh Smith should consider transferring to St. John's. He could sit out the year and work out with our strength and conditioning coach, as well as get an attitude adjustment from Dunlap and Keady. What a waste of talent.

maybe he will make a turnaround in the pro's like Charles Barkley who went from the round mound of rebound.

He should consider transferring somwhere that he can be motivated, because it looks like he doesn't get in shape and doesn't want to be there. He could be a monster at the right school.

Just becaus.e Moe is 6'8 does not mean he is playing the 5. He spends a lot of time out on the wing 20 feet from the basket.

Correct Too much time there

On tonights game Welsh gave Rookie of the Year to Harkless. I think this board would split between Harrison & Harkless. Might open up the door for someone else. 

Don't think either one will get the award but both will be first team All Rookie. 

would be an absolute robbery

I think it is Harrison. I think at this point he is a better player than Moe. Not to discredit Moe he is a great player, and will get even better. The one thing I like about Moe lately is even though he hasn't been great on offense he always plays good D and somehow always gets the rebound. He is one of the best rebounders I have ever seen. But right now, Harrison is the best player on this team, best rookie in the BE, and I think he can be a 2nd/3rd (if they have 3rd) team all BE. He really is that good and he keeps getting better and more confident.

I think Harrison gets it but you can't go wrong with him or Moe.

Either way makes Lavins recruiting look pretty good in the sense he can judge talent and look how much Harrison has grown over the year 

Bottom line at this point we have the 2 best freshman in the conference which features many good freshman collectively. Not to mention 3 other freshman on our squad who have bright futures. Sky is the limit  

Back