Are we really better without lindsey?

With our numbers we would have missed anyone this year. But then again, Lou did pretty well playing seven all the time because he always had a center, a PG etc. You can't afford redundancy when you have seven players. Garrett and Dom are interchangeable but neither can shoot.. Moe is a three and Greene and Harrison are SGs. Gift might make a decent PF but we'll never know. We have no balance, little shooting and problems with the coaching. Nuri was supposed to be special and turned out to be a joke. All in all a pretty disappointing year.

If Nuri was a cancer we are better off w/o him, if not he would have provided depth and penetration. Im not sure if Branch would have came here if Nuri was still here and I would rather have Branch.

Fun is right. We are missing a pg but what we were missing yesterday was dribble penetration, something that Lindsey was masterful at. He would have sliced through that Nova defense like Wayns did to us and it would have created ore opportunities for Harrison, Mo etc. the other thing is that had Lindsey been more open minded to coaching, he would probably have improved a lot. That's not to say he would have bought in, but I think we miss him a lot at this point because of his dribble penetration and the fact that losing him hurt us a ton depth-wise. We'll be fine with a very good Branch next year, but not doubt we miss Lindsey now, at least on the court.

Were you at the game? I'd love to see a chart of where we got our points. Most seemed to be within 12 feet.

With Lindsey, D'Angelo doesn't foul out vs Nova and we likely win.

Wow.

Lindsey in this game would have been good for 40-50% FT shooting, 7-9 turnovers, 3-5 of his shots blocked, and 2-4 charges.

It was a close game...the kind of game you don't want a mistake-machine on the floor for. The kind of game you don't want a kid that hits half of his FT's playing in. The defense would not have to respect his shot at all and would have packed it in on Mo and we would have had no chance.

Harrison plays better without Nuri. Can that be any clearer. Harrison got 28 points yesterday, and that doesn't happen with Nuri on the floor. Can we give it a rest with this kid? Look where he ended up...RIDER!!!!

Lindsey would have been a suitable substitute to Phil Green.

Don't kid yourself, Lindsey understood that his time as ST.john's starting point guard was in jeopardy which is the sole reason why the quitter decided to quit.

I don't believe that but I do believe had Nuri made those winning free throws against A&M things would have been much different.

Fun is right
Well of course I am. In this case we'll never never know how right because my carefully crafted 9-paragraph post full of facts, data, and figures has seemingly been deleted: poof it went. Some of you might think that the moderator in question - and let's face it we all know who it is and by all I mean me - was confused by the use of facts, as he has demonstrated in the past that he is easily confused by such things, but I know it's because I quoted Marillac dropping an F bomb. If you scroll back you can see the nasty word up there in his post - but since I know some of you are sloths I'll copy it here for you.
f'ucking comical
See? I was shocked and disgusted as well. The nerve.

In my post I chided by boon companion marillac for his potty mouth, especially in this august forum, knowing as I do that he is capable of expressing himself coherently without resorting to profanities, and at the very end of my post, in the very last sentence, used that same filthy word to drive home the point. The use was in fact a form of litotes, a rhetorical device akin to irony. Which only goes to show you the truth of the old adage: sarcasm is wasted on the stupid. Also pearls before swine, but that's an essay for another day.

I'd wonder why the clerk in question felt the need to obliterate the fact that Harrison was 0 for 6 from three versus Northeastern or that we turned the ball over 21 times versus Villanova, except I know: there are standards, and then there are double standards, and sometimes there are no standards at all. In fact I'd say the whole event was
f'ucking comical
except it's just sort of pathetic plus I might get this post deleted as well. And that would be a f'reaking shame.

So to recap:
Fun is right.
Instead of deleting my words willy nilly a conscientious and astute moderator would make this a sticky. Oh well. There's little chance of that happening I suppose.

With Lindsey, D'Angelo doesn't foul out vs Nova and we likely win.

Wow.

Lindsey in this game would have been good for 40-50% FT shooting, 7-9 turnovers, 3-5 of his shots blocked, and 2-4 charges.

It was a close game...the kind of game you don't want a mistake-machine on the floor for. The kind of game you don't want a kid that hits half of his FT's playing in. The defense would not have to respect his shot at all and would have packed it in on Mo and we would have had no chance.

Harrison plays better without Nuri. Can that be any clearer. Harrison got 28 points yesterday, and that doesn't happen with Nuri on the floor. Can we give it a rest with this kid? Look where he ended up...RIDER!!!!

To clarify, only meant that Dunlap would have been better able to space out minutes with an extra player and D'Angelo wouldn't have had to play with 3 or 4 fouls. Agree that we're better off without Lindsey.

I wonder how that scout feels that called Nuri NBA ready? I also wonder if he was involved with the Pervis Ellison, Darko Milicic Freddy Weiss etc., etc triumphs. Nuri's departure might have saved a little face after all. Our gain and Rider's loss. 

Back