All Met Division 1 Team

Not trying to derail the thread, but its more of a supply/demand thing then Cliff being Rudy Gobert (he's not). With exception of Pierce, who's a face-up forward, everyone else on that list is a guard.

Yeah, forgot him. But still, that's 2 of 7 guys. Soriano being above Cliff seems like the writers did more box score watching than game watching, but 🤷‍♂️
I want to be a bit careful here because Omoyuri is certainly a fine player but I think he is being very overrated here. He is a good rim protector and rebounder but very limited offensively. Not remotely capable of filling the high post position Soriano played a good portion of the year and his offensive deficiencies were the major reason he averaged less than 30 minutes a game for his career at Rutgers, 27 minutes a game last year. And this for a guy who is generally not in foul trouble. And the average is not skewed by early years, the only year he averaged over 30 was his junior year and that was barely.

I want to be a bit careful here because Omoyuri is certainly a fine player but I think he is being very overrated here. He is a good rim protector and rebounder but very limited offensively. Not remotely capable of filling the high post position Soriano played a good portion of the year and his offensive deficiencies were the major reason he averaged less than 30 minutes a game for his career at Rutgers, 27 minutes a game last year. And this for a guy who is generally not in foul trouble. And the average is not skewed by early years, the only year he averaged over 30 was his junior year and that was barely.
Honestly don't doubt a thing of that. I can guarantee you've watched more Rutgers games than I have. My comment was just as much about the writers overrating Soriano's impact than Cliff's being underestimated.

Does anyone really care about these NYC Metropolitan BB writers awards< it is not like back in the day when NYC college BB dominated. It is a relic. How many writers around NYC cover college BB, the NY Times sure hasn't in decades.

Does anyone really care about these NYC Metropolitan BB writers awards< it is not like back in the day when NYC college BB dominated. It is a relic. How many writers around NYC cover college BB, the NY Times sure hasn't in decades.

Rubin and Zach cover it better than any of the locals in years. You guys in Jersey have Zags and the Seton Hall ball boy - Jerry what's his name.

I miss some of the old guys who are gone, but the days when NYC basketball dominated were around the time of WW2.

Back