2 for 1 Tickets at MSG Games

Keep finding ways to screw season ticket holders. 

To be fair, St. Johns has done this for the past 3 seasons (maybe more?) So at thsi point, the season ticket holder should know the deal.

To be fair, St. Johns has done this for the past 3 seasons (maybe more?) So at thsi point, the season ticket holder should know the deal.

Thats why I said 'keep finding ways'.
Every year they do something.
Show loyalty to the ppl who didn't leave them high and dry when times sucked.

Frankly, it doesn't bother me. The more people in the seats the better---as long as those people are Johnnies fans. These promotions seem to be for seats in the upper tier anyway. I would love to see a packed MSG for every game. The school/MSG need to do a better job getting the word out.

If it ever got to the point like the old days where they sold out CA with season tickets then MSG would be able to relaunch the old MSG only season ticket (that's the only ones I ever had). I'm sure STJ won't let them do that when it will dilute their season ticket sales at CA which is no doubt more profitable.

Until then MSG starts with 2-3K season ticket holders and has 15K+ tix left. They no doubt have an agreement to sell distressed inventory any way possible to maximize the potential food and merchandise revenues and keep the games profitable.

Frankly, it doesn't bother me. The more people in the seats the better---as long as those people are Johnnies fans. These promotions seem to be for seats in the upper tier anyway. I would love to see a packed MSG for every game. The school/MSG need to do a better job getting the word out.

That's the problem. The opposing team fans buy the tickets, not St. John's fans. Now they are on to the promotions and just wait until the promo becomes effictive. This is doubly screwing the loyal SJU season's ticket holder! Not only do we pay twice as much as the opposing fans but we also have to listen to them outnumber us at the Garden. These promotions are just like the pathetic "Garden Renovations" where the only objective was to find a way to put more seats into an already existing building to create more revenue, not, as they told us, to "enhance the fan experience". I'm in marketing so I know a bunch of bullcrap when I hear it. The Garden dosen't care who's a** is in the seat as long as it's creating revenue.

. I'm in marketing so I know a bunch of bullcrap when I hear it. The Garden doesn't care who's a** is in the seat as long as it's creating revenue.

And . . . your point is they should be a charitable organization? Increase season ticket holders (STJ's Job), increase ad hoc STJ fans ticket purchases (STJ's job), increase student attendance (STJ's Job) and the situation will get better. Also re my last post an MSG only season ticket package would also increase STJ fan attendance. I can only assume that this is no longer available at STJ's insistence. Like you said MSG wants to sell tickets any way it can.

Completely off topic but for MSG's purposes they should also reintroduce the non STJ game college basketball season ticket program. Back in the day it only included pre and post season NITs and Holiday Fest (not officially STJ home games). Now it would/could include all that plus Champions Classic, CvC, Jimmy V, Carquest Auto Parts double header (annual Duke game) and they could force people to also take the Maggie Dixon and the Big Apple Clasic. The only one sof those that seem to sell well this year were the Champions Classic and the Carquest/Duke game.

. I'm in marketing so I know a bunch of bullcrap when I hear it. The Garden doesn't care who's a** is in the seat as long as it's creating revenue.

And . . . your point is they should be a charitable organization? Increase season ticket holders (STJ's Job), increase ad hoc STJ fans ticket purchases (STJ's job), increase student attendance (STJ's Job) and the situation will get better. Also re my last post an MSG only season ticket package would also increase STJ fan attendance. I can only assume that this is no longer available at STJ's insistence. Like you said MSG wants to sell tickets any way it can.

Completely off topic but for MSG's purposes they should also reintroduce the non STJ game college basketball season ticket program. Back in the day it only included pre and post season NITs and Holiday Fest (not officially STJ home games). Now it would/could include all that plus Champions Classic, CvC, Jimmy V, Carquest Auto Parts double header (annual Duke game) and they could force people to also take the Maggie Dixon and the Big Apple Clasic. The only one sof those that seem to sell well this year were the Champions Classic and the Carquest/Duke game.

I guess I didn't make my point clear. I was refering to how the Garden is touting the "Fan Experience Enhancement Renovations". It has nothing to do with our enjoyment of the game. It has to do with Jim Dolan enjoying more of our money. I am a capitalist first as well, but I don't sell my clients a bunch of bullcrap to gloss over what I am really doing.

The same thing happened to me as a season ticketholder at UVA basketball games during the late 90's. Had seats two rows from the upper level. Went to the ticket office to get better seats for the St. John's game; paid $20 for seats along the side of the Johnnies bench. Go figure. BTW, Artest, Barkley and company blew the Cavaliers out of the gym.

That's the problem. The opposing team fans buy the tickets, not St. John's fans. Now they are on to the promotions and just wait until the promo becomes effictive. This is doubly screwing the loyal SJU season's ticket holder! Not only do we pay twice as much as the opposing fans but we also have to listen to them outnumber us at the Garden. These promotions are just like the pathetic "Garden Renovations" where the only objective was to find a way to put more seats into an already existing building to create more revenue, not, as they told us, to "enhance the fan experience". I'm in marketing so I know a bunch of bullcrap when I hear it. The Garden dosen't care who's a** is in the seat as long as it's creating revenue.

I've seen this discussion before, but my eyes have been opened up further due to the article that came out showing that even Duke Undergrad student attendance was down at Cameron Indoor. They've had to make student tix available to the booster club, and then football season tix holders. It's not a small number - attendance is down from 1,200 to 650 in undergrads section these past 10 years. So there's problems everywhere with attendance.

I don't mind the ticket deal. I emailed some of my friends the link. If they were doing it every game I'd be pissed but they have to make money also. 

I don't mind the ticket deal. I emailed some of my friends the link. If they were doing it every game I'd be pissed but they have to make money also. 

Remind me again what season ticket holders get as a benefit to forking over money up front?

Remind me again what season ticket holders get as a benefit to forking over money up front?

Points for when we get good again. Sooner or later we are going to be pretty good and tickets are going to be harder to come by.

It's not like you sit in the boonies :) But if you didn't have season tickets you wouldn't have such a good view on a consistent basis. Plus your concession lines are a lot shorter than Alfredo's and mine. lol

Back