1st 6 games

ShrekII

2022 $upporter
For me the 1st 3 games: MVST - all good against a terrible team; St. Peters - really good 1st half against the 2nd best team we have played, coasted down the stretch; Indiana - terrible 1st half, really good 2nd half

Next 3 games: We looked terrible in all 3 (St. F was the worst for me), but Pinzon missed all 3, Posh limited in all 3; Coburn missed one, and Julian shot the ball terribly (2-15 3p and 8-14 FT).  I will take 3 wins, even against cupcakes, under those circumstances.

Thoughts on players:
Julian - if he isn't an elite shooter the rest of the year then our ceiling is much lower
Posh - STAY HEALTHY - our most important player
Stef - Overall numbers are decent, but started the year struggling from 3 (1-14).  I'm worried that he will struggle defending BE guards
Mathis - the most pleasant surprise - usage is down and efficiency is way up.  I never thought he would buy into taking fewer good shots.  I hope he keeps it up.
Soriano - About what I expected; his numbers would be much better if we knew how to feed the post better.  There have been lots times when has position and the pass is not made, deflected, late, etc.
Coburn - disappointing so far; I'm not sure if he is not playing because of defensive struggles, lingering issues from his illness, but his shooting would help so much
Dylan - I love his energy and toughness; he is not a good offensive player at this point.  Way too many turnovers.  His handle is not good.  He is really a wing player that should only take catch and shoot OPEN jump shots and straight line drives to the basket.
Wheeler - the biggest disappoint for me; he should also be limited to catch and shoot J's and 1 or 2 dribble open drives.  He has a really weak base which makes it hard for him to be effective inside, but is not skilled enough outside.  I was hoping he would get some of Moore's lobs from last year, but that doesn't look like the case.
Pinzon - most promising of the Freshman; he definitely looks like our back up PG.  If he plays like he did against Indiana, then he is our 2nd most complete guard.  Of course that is a big IF.
Stanley and Nyiwe - Incomplete; have shown flashes, but really raw.  Stanley is stronger with a great motor; Nyiwe - has the potential to be an elite shot blocker.

Wheeler's minutes should be an issue by the time BE play starts...If he thinks he's a 6'-9" guard, we don't need that from him.

Smith , good point regarding his size and BE...Mikey Dixon II?

Who is BE ready at this point? 
Champ
Posh
Mathis
Soriano
Wusu
Pinzon, within his role
Smith, size?
Coburn/Wheeler, no.

Back